Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newcastle & North East Classic car show NEC 15 Nov 2014

KP964

Indianapolis
I know its a long way off but just trying to get a idea of bums on seats for now.

CLASSIC CAR SHOW NEC BIRMINGHAM Sat Nov 15th 2014
My pal "Colin" black 3.2 Targa is going to put together a trip down to see the Classic car show @ NEC Birmingham next year Sat Nov 15th , at the moment I only need expressions of interest so he can judge numbers.

He intends hiring a snazzy, leather seated coach - with loo and facilities for hot and cold drinks. The initial plan is there and back in a day, with only a couple of stops to pick up and drop off.

If you consider that the parking at the NEC is £10 per car per day, and if you want to get close its £20. If you then consider the cost of fuel and wear and tear on your car I think it makes sense to go by coach.

The price for the coach hire will be no more than £32 per person - to include a coffee and tea each way.

Once he manages to get the numbers in he will block book the event tickets and pass the discount onto everyone, thus a bigger saving.

Hope this appeals - if it does let me know by adding your name & how many seats you want and we will go from there .... Keith

1. Colin 1 seat
2. Keith 1 seat

Re: Newcastle & North East Classic car show NEC 15 Nov

This sounds like a canny idea Keith. Got the OK from Mrs D to look after the "soon to arrive" little one too.

I'll be myself down for 2 tickets, as when my Dad finds out he'll no doubt want in on the action. I'll ask around a few mates to...

May even sneak a couple of beers onto the bus for the way back if the driver is OK :tea:

1. Colin - 1 seat
2. Keith - 1 seat
3. Chris D - 2 seats
10.[/quote]

Allreet lads, I'll ask my mates and see if any off them fancy it?
My car hasn't been out the garage for over 4 weeks :sad:

Ian

Nice one Chris / Ill put you down for 14 seats then Ian , just pay me when i see you .

1. Colin - 1 seat
2. Keith - 1 seat
3. Chris D - 2 seats

igaffz said:
Allreet lads, I'll ask my mates and see if any off them fancy it?
My car hasn't been out the garage for over 4 weeks :sad:

Ian

I can beat that bud, last time I drove mine was Beamish :nooo:

Been decorating and sorting little jobs on car since.

Windows back in this weekend and door panels off...

Door panels off......?

Ian

igaffz said:
Door panels off......?

Ian

Stripping off the front door panels to dismantle the door pocket lids and pull handles. Going to re-dye the leather. I'd done this a while ago but made a sh1te job of it, so I'm using the spray gun this time :)

Set back on fitting the windows, mastic bedding strip didn't arrive :(

I'll have to play out in the Audi next weekend lads. It'll be hard to keep up, but I'll try!

Chris

Any more news on this Keith? :?:

I just remembered this post existed!

Chris :puh:

Thanks Chris , there is only room for another 10 , Colin is waiting for the tickets to be released and is offering the last 10 spaces to 911 owners before other clubs , £32 for the coach and tickets will be at cost but there should be some discount on them.
Waiting to find out if we will be heading down the A1 and if we can pick up en route .
Hassle free day at the classic car show Birmingham , please add your name below ..

1. Colin - 1 seat
2. Keith - 2 seats
3. Chris D - 2 seats

We have a seat left if anyone from the north east would like to go , £50 all in , inc entry ticket , full coach load going on Sat 15th November , free tea coffee Gogo dancers etc :eek: ... Anyone ?

Gogo dancers I hear you say :Dance-Tap: luvley

I was looking to head down to this however clashes with the Allblacks humping us at murrayfield going through with my rugby daft boys so not a bad second.

Gazc2 said:
Gogo dancers I hear you say :Dance-Tap: luvley

I was looking to head down to this however clashes with the Allblacks humping us at murrayfield going through with my rugby daft boys so not a bad second.

Agreed Gaz , you cant miss that , ill have you're Gogo dancer then :thumb:

I'll have the ticket if it's still available Keith?

Ian

OK Ian .. cheers ... pm on its way :thumb:

Looking forward to this lads :)

Do you want me to do the taxi service to the meet up point?

Chris

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back