Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie With Pics

Ridders

Hi All,

I've been a member on here since 2008 & had my 1995 C2 for over 2 years so thought it was about time I posted a few pics taken at Oulton Park watching Porsche Club race meeting last year.

Since having the car it's had:
3 x services at Unit11
Lower Tappet Covers & Gaskets
Rear Disks & Pads
Goodridge Brake Hoses
& a Remap Today = 300 bhp 8)

Using a little more this year, took it for trip around Cornwall in June which was terrific, even with the mrs in tow :) she just doesn't get it :eh!:

Things it requires

1) Windscreen creaks so requires refitting - anyone local to the Manchester area to take a look and advise who to take it to?
2) Thinking about an exhaust upgrade, maybe 100 cells?
3) Thinking of Tore B light upgrade, heard they are easy to fit but how does it effect if you take the car abroad?

Ridders

Attachments

• 993pic1_193.jpeg
    993pic1_193.jpeg
    107.4 KB · Views: 5,081
  • 993pic2_105.jpeg
    993pic2_105.jpeg
    206.4 KB · Views: 5,081
Welcome chum :thumb:

1) Windscreen needs care/knowledge and there could be corrosion underneath that may as well be addressed with a new screen. Ninemeister I believe can do the jobs?

2) Consider a 'Hollamby' bypass before or with 100 cell cats

3) What are you waiting for. HIDs are a must :what: ToreB kit is good in that it all fits into the headlamp unit. No issues with overseas travel as you can switch over the beam plus no issues with MOT that anyone has come across :thumb:

Nice looking beast. If you're not ready to have the screen out, a new rubber trim is about £36. That may cure your creaks - it worked for me.

Fabspeed cat bypass pipes occassionally crop up on ebay for around £100. With the standard mufflers they're not too noisy at low revs, but sound magnificent under hard acceleration, plus all the pops and bangs your heart could desire. Mine passed the MOT without comment.

As Zingers says, the ToreB upgrade should be considered essential. Night and day (sorry!) difference, costs a trivial sum and ToreB is an excellent supplier and all round good egg.

Thanks Zingari & Blinspot,

Windscreen - I'll have a chat with Ninemeister & Strasse in Leeds and compare their opinions regarding removal & reinstalling the screen.

The "Hollamby" bypass sounds intriguing, I'll research that before spending too much.

The lights will be ordered from ToreB in the next day or so.....they seem like a no brainer :worship: - thanks again

Ridders

Lovely looking car you have there Ridders.

Not had any experience with the windscreen issue you talk about but it would seem to be quite common with the 993. Definitely worth speaking to someone who knows these cars properly.

Would certainly recommend the 'hollamby mod' for the exhaust. I have this with 200 cell cats and the sound is fantastic. Even more pops and crackles on the overrun since the remap!

The HID's from Tore are a must and are a doddle to install (must be if I can fit them).

Good luck!

Hi Owl,

where did you get the Hollamby mod and the 200 cell cats fitted?

I should have done this before the remap but hey ho :roll:

Ridders

Ridders

The Hollamby mod was on the car when I bought it from Richyd on here.

I think I am correct in saying that he had this done at Powerspeed in Kent (who are local to him). This is also where I have my standard cats modified to the 200cells. There was a group buy on here some time ago at Powerspeed - if you do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

I took advantage of a trip to London and took a "detour" on the way home to get this done. I couldn't find anyone local to me who would do the cat conversion.

I would have thought however that the silencer bypass mod could be carried out by any decent welder - unit 11 may be able to help?

Owl said:
Ridders

The Hollamby mod was on the car when I bought it from Richyd on here.

I think I am correct in saying that he had this done at Powerspeed in Kent (who are local to him). This is also where I have my standard cats modified to the 200cells. There was a group buy on here some time ago at Powerspeed - if you do a search I'm sure you'll find it.

I took advantage of a trip to London and took a "detour" on the way home to get this done. I couldn't find anyone local to me who would do the cat conversion.

I would have thought however that the silencer bypass mod could be carried out by any decent welder - unit 11 may be able to help?

Cheers Owl, I'll do a little research on the exhaust

Ridders

Hi ridders :bye:

I would talk to unit 11 if you already use them about the windscreen and exhaust options. They will Ben my place of choice to look after my car going forward :wink:

The other option is RSR's via carnewal who will do them on an exchange basis which worked for me and unit 11 fitted them.

Sounds like you are on the slippery slope of modding :D

Owl said:
Not had any experience with the windscreen issue you talk about but it would seem to be quite common with the 993. Definitely worth speaking to someone who knows these cars properly.

mine used to creak like mad when I first got it. Drove me nuts :pc: Solved the noise completely by lifting up the rubbers and filling the void with liberal amounts of silicon based wax. Can't remember the name but it came in a can that I squirted in which then dried hard. 2 years on and still no squeaking :thumb:

jonttt said:
Hi ridders :bye:

I would talk to unit 11 if you already use them about the windscreen and exhaust options. They will Ben my place of choice to look after my car going forward :wink:

The other option is RSR's via carnewal who will do them on an exchange basis which worked for me and unit 11 fitted them.

Sounds like you are on the slippery slope of modding :D

Hi jonttt,

I already use Danny & John so I will give them a call ref exhaust and windscreen.

Thanks

Ridders

Hi Ridders,

Nice to see another Iris Blue ,I had mine detailed recently & they do look good. I missed out on the remap, I should have been after you today but work intervened - getting jealous now seeing the results. I had the Hollamby done and am very pleased. I went a place called Zorstec at Shipley near Bradford (closed than Kent for you) I think that they can do the cats too. I have used silicon wax around the screen, still sqeaking but not as much, I will have to have another spray.

Great looking car Ridders :thumb:

I usually prefer my Porsches in silver and fast fords in blue but that iris does look good.

Do I spy a colour coded split rear grille :?:

Tycho said:
Hi Ridders,

Nice to see another Iris Blue ,I had mine detailed recently & they do look good. I missed out on the remap, I should have been after you today but work intervened - getting jealous now seeing the results. I had the Hollamby done and am very pleased. I went a place called Zorstec at Shipley near Bradford (closed than Kent for you) I think that they can do the cats too. I have used silicon wax around the screen, still sqeaking but not as much, I will have to have another spray.

Thanks Tycho, I agree, they do look good after a detail.

I'll have a look at Zorstec as they are a little closer than Kent :grin: :thumbs:

Why o why did I start this thread, it's going to cost me a fortune :help: :sad:

Ridders

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back