Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie. Hi folks and help!

Sajbhogal

Can I start by saying this isn't how I imagined my first post to go....
Let's start at the beginning. Well after much searching I came across a c2s convertible gen2 pdk, saw it, loved it, bought it. 1 owner from new, 49k full Porsche history, last one done 10 days ago.
Today whilst driving it I stopped at a crossing, went to set off again,nothing, looked at the dash and it said check engine oil, it wouldn't restart at first then when it did was idiling lumpily, so I turned it off , called the AA and they recovered it to Leeds Porsche on a low loader.
My question is would a low oil level cause the engine to shut itself down or has anyone experienced anything like this before?
Many thanks in advance :worship:

What was the oil level when you checked it? Should be well above the min mark if you've done sub-1000 miles in the last 10 days, but would be good to rule it out. Could be a sensor on the oil level or a pump gone. Possible fuel pump issue if its idling badly, has the recall been done?

To the OP - sorry for your disappointment. I'd see what the OPC have to say about it. The one thing that comes to my mind when you talk about lumpy idle is a failed coil pack but I don't see how that would report an oil issue on the dash.

Umm, Dan what recall are you referring to please? Is there a recall "checker" database somewhere, or do I have to ask OPC to look mine up?

Thanks for the replies, bought the car private from a friend who insisted it being serviced just to make sure it was all ok. The AA guy didn't have a clue, just said 'lets get it down to the experts!!!'
Hopefully will be something minor but if not cest la vie!
I expect all the recalls to have been done as it has full main dealer history.

HarryH said:
Umm, Dan what recall are you referring to please? Is there a recall "checker" database somewhere, or do I have to ask OPC to look mine up?
High Pressure Fuel Pump, was an issue on 2008/2009 PDK cars, you can check easily enough by quoting your VIN to an OPC. I've had mine done twice!

Sajbhogal: Did you check the oil level?

Time for an update.
They have checked the coil packs, all good.
Seem to think there is an oxygen sensor that may be faulty.
Will find out tomorrow hopefully.....

Shame you encountered this problem so early in your ownership.

Hope you sort it out without too much expense...

Sajbhogal said:
Time for an update.
They have checked the coil packs, all good.
Seem to think there is an oxygen sensor that may be faulty.
Will find out tomorrow hopefully.....
Good news :)

So what was the oil level when you checked it then?

Was not able to check the oil level as I didn't want to run the engine.
Day 2 update. Air mass sensor checked, all good. Checked the oxygen sensor, all good.
They rang me at about 4pm to say they were going to check the high pressure fuel pump tomorrow.
Nothing much I can do except wait.....

Sorry for the lack of updates but have been away....
The latest
They found the fault, it was the high pressure fuel pump. It had been changed under the recall but because Porsche had fitted it they owned the warranty on the part and wanted me to pay for a new one!!!
So after much negotiation porsche Leeds offered me a discount of £300 and Porsche uk a goodwill gesture of £175 bringing the bill down to £825, and a voucher for a£100 on a new key I wanted.
Still not happy I said no!
Yesterday I received a call from Porsche uk in Reading and spoke to a chap called Micheal, very polite and all he kept on saying was that was the best they could offer, till I dropped into the conversation the fact that the service manager at Leeds hadn't called me even though he said he would.
That angered him slightly and he said he would investigate.
An hour later I got a call from one of the service team at Leeds saying he had been in meetings blah blah and he would call me today.
So watch this space......

I d0on't understand, why is there a bill for anything? If it was the HPFP which there is a recall for, then surely this gets changed FOC? I've had two now, one done under the recall and then when that failed I had another one done too, neither of which I paid for.

Granted, I have an OPC warranty, but I still don't see why you should pay for something that there is a recall for.

You just answered your own question, you have an official warranty.
So I received a call this afternoon and guess what.... Porsche said they will pay for the pump! Yippee !
So an original bill of £1300 is now £530.
On top of the reduction Porsche Leeds said that when I come in for the111 point check for the warranty I want to have on the car they would waive the checking fee of about £275.
So am I happy? Yeah too right!
It just goes to prove if you stick to your guns and have a fair case you will get a result!
Get the car back on Friday and I can't wait :thumbs:

Nice one. Good for you for sticking to your guns!
:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dirtyrdier00
Back