Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newbie from Newcastle

p4cks

Hi chaps :bye:

I was directed here by a friendly gentleman on PH who recommended I sign up here as he knew I was looking at a 911.

I've always wanted a 911 and finally got the opportunity to buy a perfect example. Got a facelift 996, and it should get delivered this week. Pics to follow...

Haway.

Welcome etc. Few more details on your new toy would be welcome, canny lad.

Welcome, I'm from Sunderland, there seems to be a growing number of owners in the ne, good to see

Thanks for the welcome. And it's a C2 facelift, 86k miles, metropole interior, alcantara roof lining, FPSH and it gets delivered this week. The only thing I am not 100% on it the wheels. It'd look lovely on some Turbo alloys.

awwwwwwwww-2.jpg

Very nice. I am increasingly drawn to the 996 shape (not so much I'd change my 993 for one though!). Chris W is very much your man for wheels. Have a look for Exel (no c) wheels, he is just the sort of perfectionist you want when buying stuff for your shiny new car.

welcome always good to have more owners from the NE :thumbs:

p4cks said:
it's a C2 facelift, 86k miles, metropole interior, alcantara roof lining, FPSH
...and sideskirts, Carrera rear spoiler and rear wiper. Very nice! :thumb:

p4cks said:
The only thing I am not 100% on it the wheels. It'd look lovely on some Turbo alloys.
A vanilla 996.1 looks good on the turbo-style alloys but not sure it would suit a 996.2 with the rear Carrera spoiler and sideskirts. Live with the Carrera 5-spokes for a while and you may grow to like them (I wasn't sure about mine at first but after three years I wouldn't change them for anything now. Very very easy to clean as well).

Welcome aboard! :bye:

:welcome: I really like those wheels not the turbos but hey it is a very minor issue,love the car enjoy :thumbs:

And with pics after I've just washed and waxed it...

CB1C2CA2-9423-4FA1-BFD2-3524EB907E1D-36149-00000E24F716BCB9-1.jpg

F2398085-C56F-499F-A353-974A486B5003-36149-00000E2501608CA2.jpg

And the wheels are staying :D

Love the colour, welcome aboard!

Dave

Nice car, Im from gateshead area as well hopefully will all get a chance to meet up when weather is better

Nice car, Im from gateshead area as well hopefully will all get a chance to meet up when weather is better

Congratulations - it looks brilliant and i for one prefer those wheels.

I am looking so I would be really interested if you would be open to sharing your buying story ie how many did you look at, how did you find it, how did you check it was good etc etc. Price is not rellevant as all great cars are bargains :)

I am in North Yorks so i look forwrard to meeting on a run sometime when i get mine

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Hack
Back