Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New trackday project coming soon.....

cyruspower

Paul Ricard
Currenly on the hunt for a non-sunroof **********, which I'm going to develop into a trackday weapon before the summer's over.

Looking at another one tommorow, which fits the bill almost perfectly on paper. Hopefully in the metal it'll live up to the promise.

It's got more than four cylinders, four seats and is made in Europe, built and sold around the mid-90's. Cheap as chips for the performance too, with loads of track/upgrade parts available.

But what is it?

It could be read that its got more than 4 seats, so is it a London Taxi? :lol:

Otherwise Im with Clinchy :thumb:

Wild card guesses ...... Alfa Romeo GTV or 156 :?:

As ususal, Clinchy is on the ball and he didn't have inside knowledge this time either!

So it's going to look like this if tomorrow goes to plan:

3915986766_2ee4771033_b.jpg

Then I'll need to go shopping.... :thumb:

Shopping list:

Sparco Evo buckets in black
Momo Turner edition 350mm steering wheel
KW V3 or Bilstein B16 coilovers
Refurbished 840i 4-pot calipers and new E46 discs (bolt straight on to an E36!)
Half cage and harnesses
GT2 rear spoiler
M3 number plate

Later on I'll go with 100 cell cats, freer flowing induction, mufflers and a Wayne Schofield remap. 321bhp in standard form should be enough for Spa and the Nord though.

Can't wait as I've been trying to ID a car I wouldn't mind doing this kind of thing to and at £5-£6k for a decent one, they make a great trackday base to work from.

Had a few as demos in the past Sam good car I hope its not an SMG box

Also I have to 2 mates that run an Indie Bmw workshop in Maidenhead :thumb:

clinchy993 said:

Defo manual Tony, no SM(E)G box!

www.kmautotechniks.co.uk in Windsor are really good, used them a few times for TheCock's E46 M3.

Who are you thinking of in Maidenhead?

Also read that can use 996 C2/4 or big reds, but I'll need an adaptor. Will look for an 840i or 728i set first.

cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:

www.kmautotechniks.co.uk in Windsor are really good, used them a few times for TheCock's E46 M3.

Also read that can use 996 C2/4 or big reds, but I'll need an adaptor. Will look for an 840i or 728i set first.

Thats them Kevin and Mick (Bruggie) top lads we worked at Altwood BMW for years together :thumb:

Must of moved premises

clinchy993 said:
cyruspower said:
clinchy993 said:

Thats them Kevin and Mick (Bruggie) top lads we worked at Altwood BMW for years together :thumb:

Must of moved premises

No way, small world! Will say hi next time I'm in there. They are one of the best indies I've been to, irrespetctive of brand. Trying to find a good non-mobile Merc indie in the area too.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back