Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New to me: 997.1 GT3

Its been a couple of weeks and I have not had the time yet to deep dive into all the little rattles...now i think i hear a new one from rear window area..

I have to be honest, the car has been checked underneath and shows no sign of accident...but these rattles are starting to worry me. I don't have much track day experience, but wonder whether tracked cars develop rattles in usual and expected places i.e. seatbelt tensioner, inside dash etc...areas that i appear to have annoyance with. Big question is, am i too fussy...or should i just live with such rattles (they're not bad, but just annoying).

On a side note, I pulled the trigger on a lightweight JCR valved exhaust..WOW!
It sounds mega! and I also re-wrapped the steering wheel...

Summer of spending money continues...whats next? :)

Right_Foot_Blues said:
Its been a couple of weeks and I have not had the time yet to deep dive into all the little rattles...now i think i hear a new one from rear window area..

I have to be honest, the car has been checked underneath and shows no sign of accident...but these rattles are starting to worry me. I don't have much track day experience, but wonder whether tracked cars develop rattles in usual and expected places i.e. seatbelt tensioner, inside dash etc...areas that i appear to have annoyance with. Big question is, am i too fussy...or should i just live with such rattles (they're not bad, but just annoying).

I wouldn't let a few rattles spoil your enjoyment of the car. Tracking them down can be your challenge... :D it's true a brand new car probably won't make a sound but a few years later, stiff suspension and some parts on and off the car it's inevitable you'll get something.

Senoj said:
Right_Foot_Blues said:

I wouldn't let a few rattles spoil your enjoyment of the car. Tracking them down can be your challenge... :D it's true a brand new car probably won't make a sound but a few years later, stiff suspension and some parts on and off the car it's inevitable you'll get something.

You are spot on - that is what i intend to do. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoxsterBE2024
Back