Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Owner. Finally saying hello.

BIG CJ

Hi All,

After starting a 911 saving account in 1993 I've finally bought my first Porsche. I didn't expect it to take so long, but marriage, mortgages and kids slowed things up a little.

I used the forum a few times to help while I was looking for the right car, and since I got it as I needed a bit more advice.

Anyway here's what I ended up with...

2005 C2S Tipronic in Basalt Metallic Black
Sports Chrono
Full Black Leather interior
PASM
PCM Satnav
Bose
Sunroof
Parking Aid
Rear wiper
Heated seats
Multi function steering wheel
43k on the clock

Had to travel to North Yorkshire from Kent to collect, but after a couple of weeks of driving I think it was worth the trip.

Thanks again for to everyone I've already spoken with and hello to everyone else on here.

CJ

Attachments

• 997_150.jpg
    997_150.jpg
    227.2 KB · Views: 5,480
Can't see battery in the list?

:welcome:

BIG CJ said:
Had to travel to North Yorkshire from Kent to collect, but after a couple of weeks of driving I think it was worth the trip

:eek: Does it take that long to drive home from Yorkshire!

Sorry couldn't resist :grin:

:welcome: car looks great :thumb:

rottenbend said:
BIG CJ said:
Had to travel to North Yorkshire from Kent to collect, but after a couple of weeks of driving I think it was worth the trip

:eek: Does it take that long to drive home from Yorkshire!

Sorry couldn't resist :grin:

:welcome: car looks great :thumb:

Not normally, but I kept it under 1000 rpm all the way, because after reading all the horror stories I was scared of scoring the bores!

& battery will be added to the list today (hopefully)

CJ

Hi CJ,

Looks great! Enjoy.

Any thoughts on trying for an OPC warranty?

:thumb:

Looks beautiful!

You must feel so proud having started the dream in 1993 - congrats to you.

It really is worth it, and means more when you have had to wait and work for it.

Enjoy, you deserve it!

Thanks for all the nice comments.

Slayer said:
Hi CJ,

Looks great! Enjoy.

And Slayer, I had considered it but the car has been maintained and serviced every 12 months by an independent for the last 5 years, so I'm not sure about an OPC warranty. I had looked at a few alternatives such as warranty-wise, but I've been told they may not be worth the money. It might be that I just stick a little cash aside every month in a pot!
I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have?

thanks
CJ

Lovely car, and I like the cheeky number plate. :thumb:

BIG CJ said:
Thanks for all the nice comments.

Slayer said:
Hi CJ,

Looks great! Enjoy.

And Slayer, I had considered it but the car has been maintained and serviced every 12 months by an independent for the last 5 years, so I'm not sure about an OPC warranty. I had looked at a few alternatives such as warranty-wise, but I've been told they may not be worth the money. It might be that I just stick a little cash aside every month in a pot!
I'm open to any suggestions anyone may have?

thanks
CJ

Hi CJ,
IMHO, OPC warranty is well worth it. After 90 days of ownership, you can get a 111 point check, then get it. I have work done on mine on warranty well over what it costed.
Just that it yours is an early Gen 1 car.
I am sure others will have different views on this.

Cheers Slayer,

I'm gonna take a trip down to Porsche Tunbridge soon to get a full list of extras that the car had when new, so I'll talk to them about it then.

911_AS said:
Lovely car, and I like the cheeky number plate. :thumb:
Number plate was a stupid buy from when I was in the navy. I was known as big cj and after 8 years you get a long service bonus. Someone showed me it in autotrader the same month as I got my bonus. Say no more.

Looks super! Hey, another Kent 997!

Very nice indeed! I'd always wanted a 911 and got there a few weeks ago. I hope you too find it's everything you hoped it'd be.
Oh and basalt black is the best colour :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back