Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New key cost (OPC)?

cvega

Nurburgring
The cost of a new key is £254.23. There will also be a coding fee on top of this which is £99.00.

Does that sound about right? I need a whole key, only ever had 1.

Aye, sounds about right (probably VAT on top). I was quoted a tenner shy of £400 from Porsche Portsmouth last month. £294 from a local indie.

beresd said:
Aye, sounds about right (probably VAT on top). I was quoted a tenner shy of £400 from Porsche Portsmouth last month. £294 from a local indie.

Who was the indie and how long ago ?

oh right... those guys... i'm not sure i want to use them since their "spyder" exhaust has rusted to hell within a year and they werent interested.

I bought a precut Porsche key fob from Car Keys Online and got it coded at my local indie.

That worked out relatively cheap.. approximately £230 iirc

Just been quoted £313 to supply complete new coded key from Porsche Teesside.

beresd said:

this is inclusive of VAT. so 350ish in total.

plynchy said:

That sounds more like it, Seems Cambridge OPC charges 99 for coding but for example Colchester only 55!

cvega said:
plynchy said:

That sounds more like it, Seems Cambridge OPC charges 99 for coding but for example Colchester only 55!

Might be worth speaking to the parts chap at Teesside then?

I'm sure he'd post you one out (or do they need the vehicle to code it? :?: )

...only Porsche could engineer a fob with a limited number of uses and then charge £300 plus for a replacement!!!

I have a brand new 996 key head, if anyone is interested let me know, its been supplied from an OPC, comes with the barcode that is required for programming and will be less than the prices mentioned above.

crash7 said:
I have a brand new 996 key head, if anyone is interested let me know, its been supplied from an OPC, comes with the barcode that is required for programming and will be less than the prices mentioned above.

Post how many buttons it has .. different models have different amounts of buttons :)

Fobs are the cost that Porsche charges .. the labour rate and an Indy will be about £50 less .

996 two button, and a 986 three button.

Any decent indy can program these keys, you need to provide V5 to confirm ownership of the car and photo ID, they request the codes from Porsche.

Programming takes circa 10 minutes.

cvega said:
oh right... those guys... i'm not sure i want to use them since their "spyder" exhaust has rusted to hell within a year and they werent interested.

Does your Insurance cover it ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back