Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New dampers and brakes

blindspot

With the service and MOT due end of Aug, I can sneak new dampers and brakes on without my wife noticing. Planning on Koni FSDs, available from larkspeed at 734 and pagid disks and pads for 340 from carparts911.

Anyone know of better deals or have views backed up by fact regarding the best pads and disks for street and commuting?

I'm afraid I've only ever had Sebro discs and Textar pads on the 993, but I have tracked the car quite a bit and the braking is superb on track or pootling down the shops for beer and sausages.

Just had Pagid discs and pads all round and very happy indeed. Seems a good price for the dampers.

Did the same with our MX5 - Bilsteins and Eibachs and a Milltek catback fitted while in for a service.......couldnt believe SWMBO never knew. :thumb:

Get the Konis paid for and ordered up NOW, but check the delivery times. Some people on here have waited months.

Textar pads :thumb:

blindspot said:
Thanks for advice chaps. Why textar over pagid?

Textar are actually the same you would receive from your local OPC. Frazerparts had the best price when I was looking last year, much better than ECP or carparts911 even after the discounts.

Will probably go for textar pads from frazerpart. However, pagid are from the same factory, and no one has yet come out and said that the textars are better, or why. Interested in your experiences.

for a better stopping power and no fade go for ferodo ds2500 or brembo hp2000 sport.
Upgrade to braided lines if you didn't yet.

Thanks Tomas, I have braided lines already. Quite like the idea of the Ferodos, however at the moment I have to be budget conscious. We are moving house, buying a flat, and I may be leaving the Army shortly! One of these days my calipers will have to be sent to you, but they're not that near the top of the list right now.

Re pads I have no experience with Porsches yet but I've been running EBC yellow pads for a while now on my roady and have been really impressed with them. The new compound are a lot more forgiving for road use when cold and they have been so good I decided I did not need to upgrade the OEM ///M calipers to brembo's. Plus virtually no brake dust which is always a bonus. Oh and the yellow looks cool :)

I emailed Gert, but he did not have any available until mid August at best. He was also a bit more expensive than Larkspeed, who will have a set with me no later than monday for 744 inc VAT and delivery.

Still fannying around trying to decide on pads and disks.

Grateful for all pointers so far. Jon, how long do you find that the EBCs last? I have not done any trackdays yet, but with new dampers and brakes might have to have a bash.

Mine is currently on the ramps having the FSDs fitted! (along with lots of other tired suspension parts replaced).

I ordered them from Larkspeed in May but it took till early this month for Koni to produce a batch; I suspect they make them only on occasion now. So, as Kimbo also recommended, if you are thinking about it buy them whilst they are currently available.

blindspot said:
I emailed Gert, but he did not have any available until mid August at best. He was also a bit more expensive than Larkspeed, who will have a set with me no later than monday for 744 inc VAT and delivery.

Still fannying around trying to decide on pads and disks.

Grateful for all pointers so far. Jon, how long do you find that the EBCs last? I have not done any trackdays yet, but with new dampers and brakes might have to have a bash.

I can't really comment re longevity as my roady does not exactly do much mileage pa. I may have covered 2k since having them fitted a couple of years ago,

They are used by the track Z3m coupe guys and I've never heard of any issues re wear from them.

EBC Reds although a bit squeely on light braking are awsome for hard braking and length of service I am on my 2nd set in 4 years :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markyt911c4s
Back