Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New C4S owner - checking in and saying Hi!

CarreraMonkey

Mugello
Hey folks - newbie here.

Pick up an '03 C4S on Wednesday and figured I'd better get registered and start doing some research.

It's my 1st Porsche and is preventative maintenance for a mid life crisis (turning 40 shortly). I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I have a couple of questions regarding some really mundane s*^t though:
What's the best blue tooth unit for it (I don't fancy a separate sim for the car)?
What's the current favourite car seat for 2+ year old kids?

I've seen loads of threads on both subjects but they are usually a year or two out of date so figured I'd call on your collective knowledge.

Thanks for your advice and assistance.

Matt

Attachments

• po1_157.jpg
    po1_157.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 4,340
Hi Matt, and welcome,

Great looking car, and the wheels add that special little bit extra!

Most people recommend A MObridge, but I have seen a few advertised as having a Parrot kit fitted, I've had Parrot systems in previous cars, and they are superb, although they might be a b1tch to marry upto the PCM2? Seek some advice from Parrot if this is your chosen route, although I'm sure someone will pop up soon with their own findings, I use my C4S for a bit if escapism, and don't worry too much about the odd missed call.

Scottuk

scottuk said:
Hi Matt, and welcome,

Most people recommend A MObridge, but I have seen a few advertised as having a Parrot kit fitted, I've had Parrot systems in previous cars, and they are superb, although they might be a b1tch to marry upto the PCM2? Seek some advice from Parrot if this is your chosen route, although I'm sure someone will pop up soon with their own findings, I use my C4S for a bit if escapism, and don't worry too much about the odd missed call.

Scottuk

Thanks Scott - this will be my daily runaround, so need a phone for work. Have a parrot in my golf, but I don't seem to be able to find a kit to hook it into a pcm2 / bose system. Hopefully someone will be able to tell me if they are available. I don't really fancy replacing the PCM unit with an aftermarket set up as it seems the bose system makes a bit of a ball ache by all accounts.

scottuk said:
Hi Matt, and welcome,

BTW - whats the deal with these wheels then? They look a bit different to other C4S wheels I've seen. Special order or aftermarket or something?

They are called aero's and were a cost option, mostly seen on Turbo S models, :thumb:

In my C4S I have a Setachi Soundfly

It streams music from you phone, is a good bluetooth unit for making/receiving calls and will also stream the satnav from maps through the speakers.

To replace the headunit is a real PITA apparently with only a couple available for cars with MOST bus (yours). Denison something or other is one unit and is a minimum of £500 I believe.

My soundfly cost £50. :thumb:

ragpicker said:
In my C4S I have a Setachi Soundfly

It streams music from you phone, is a good bluetooth unit for making/receiving calls and will also stream the satnav from maps through the speakers.

To replace the headunit is a real PITA apparently with only a couple available for cars with MOST bus (yours). Denison something or other is one unit and is a minimum of £500 I believe.

My soundfly cost £50. :thumb:

So how does it work? does it broadcast on an fm radio channel or something?

You are right changing the whole system is not the easiest but it does bring the car into the 21st century. I took the plunge a couple of years back and haven't looked back since - well worth the investment in my view.

Unfortunately the PCM is so out of date now!

Good luck......car looks great and it's in the best colour combo too!!

Yep bluetooth between soundfly and phone. Soundfly then uses a good FM transmitter to the radio.

It doesnt seem like other FM transmitters I've used where the signal can be patchy and fall off when near stronger signals. This one is always strong and never falls out.

its not perfect but for that money it does everything I ask of it and can be removed within 2 minutes.

C4S, good choice,not that I'm biased of course.Welcome to the forum.

Shurv said:

Thanks.

Will keep it in the garage next to our other black, german car.

IMAG0021_zps00a65777.jpg

CarreraMonkey said:
Shurv said:

Thanks.

IMAG0021_zps00a65777.jpg

Excellent. Now you really are showing off!! :thumb:

Sarfend said:
CarreraMonkey said:
Shurv said:

Thanks.

IMAG0021_zps00a65777.jpg

Excellent. Now you really are showing off!! :thumb:
That one definitely isn't a daily. Every journey in it is 'an adventure'.

Welcome and nice choice of car (not biased at all either).

regarding the seat, there are a few threads on them if you do a search. I have settled for the Maxi Cosi Rodi SPS Car Seat. It fits ok, a little tight to put the buckle in but at least it fits. Slightly better without the seat base of the car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back