Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Battery and toy :D

linners

Trainee
Battery died on me recently - got this from Battery Group for <£100 delivered

Decided to get a battery monitor to keep an eye on things as well

Attachments

• battery_658.jpeg
    battery_658.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 846
What do those monitors do exactly? Might be cool to have one for when I am running my race batt which is a little more temperamental? :?:

The return of Marty Wild said:
What do those monitors do exactly? Might be cool to have one for when I am running my race batt which is a little more temperamental? :?:

I have no idea :floor:

No seriously, for me it's more gimmick value but can be useful in keeping an eye on battery health

They provide voltage, charging volts and cranking power and history. I fitted one a while back but not played with it much, great for money.

Mac68 said:

They provide voltage, charging volts and cranking power and history. I fitted one a while back but not played with it much, great for money.

What Mac said.....

I am tempted, saw a bad review saying not good for motorbike Batts which is what my racing batt basically is. So unsure it would work for me....

Being able to tell how happy the race batt is at all times does sound good though. Guess I could send it back?

Loads of us on here have the battery monitor and nobody is complaining as far as I can see.

Appreciate that, any of said people running a lightweight racing Batt though?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back