Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New AutoArt 993 Scale Model due out soon

RobIpswichUK

Having read RoRo's thread on Scale Models, I was looking online, and found that AutoArt have confirmed that they are soon to release a 993 model!!

http://www.diecastlegends.com/road-cars/porsche-993-carrera-1995-silver-1-18.html

Currently only seen Silver, Metallic Green and Red confirmed, but no release date yet. Thought you Silver, Aventura and Red owners might be interested.

Just hoping there's an Iris Blue one coming out, as there are very few decent 993 models out there, still for sale.

Might encourage me to complete my Pocher 993 Kit too.

I have the 993 C2 Pocher kit too - some beast of a model! However I'll be selling that soon to free up some space. I have some UT 1:18 scale models of 993s (AutoArt bought UT a long time back) and the detailing is pretty good. Looking forward to the new AutoArt release.

~ Maxie :thumb:

Just found that they are doing a Metallic Blue one (picture is of a real Iris Blue car). So hoping that the model is actually Iris Blue.

That's great news!

There's a socking great Autoart shop nearby where I live so will check it out this weekend

:D

Whist camping at the Le Mans Classic last year, I was approached by a representative of Otto-models, asking if he could take a laser scan of my 993. I agreed, on the understanding that I would receive one of the models when they were released. He said that, typically, it takes two years from initial scan to completed model, so almost one year gone, maybe next year there will be another version??

Otto make some great 1:18 models but as they are cast in resin (not metal), they do not have any opening features. However, their detailing is exquisite and their prices are around half of what AutoArt charge. An Otto 993 would look amazing but afaik, they have no Porsche models out yet.

~ Maxie

I have 4 or 5 993 models (1:18 metal)

a 993 C2 in black

993 RS in light blue

993 Turbo in Arena

993 Cab in Silver

and other... (cant remember the other)

RobIpswichUK said:
Just hoping there's an Iris Blue one coming out, as there are very few decent 993 models out there, still for sale.

Take it in for a respray 8)

I want this one:

BcTegwCGkKGrHqQH-EQEquqwi-FJBK0cnnf.jpg

[ An Otto 993 would look amazing but afaik, they have no Porsche models out yet.
~ Maxie[/quote]
Yes, nothing on the web site, but if you watch this clip, then from about 0.20 to the end the cars look like Porsches. I guess they were prototypes to test reaction at the toy fare?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbK7lk4kj0U

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveW56
Back