Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Alcons!

PolarExpress

Banned
Just had the new 6pots + generation 2 anti-rattle Alcons (360mm) with fresh RS29s fitted today by Steve at JZM... one word: FANTASTIC!!! :D

Many thanks to Steve for this superlative upgrade and service (as usual) from JZM :lol:
. I hesitated at first considering the various options, but their superior performance is noticeable at every speed. Easy to modulate, stunning power, no rattling, no squealing (yet), and they look stunning to boot! 8)
Hope to give them a good workout this weekend. :twisted:

Here are a few...

Mounting the discs and new bells..
P1030914.jpg

The calipers...
P1030909.jpg

The more distinct cooling vanes...
P1030912.jpg

The finished article...
P1030919.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53697

Very impressive Adrian,

thats some serious stopping power fella,

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53703

It was after a few passenger laps with a several others who already had the upgrade done that I was gobsmacked by how much stronger this setup is. It's like you've hit a brick wall, and you can feel yourself just hanging in by the harness. I never had much confidence in the previous setup where the drilled discs were cracking more and more after each time out... whereas these just allow you to brake as hard and as late as you want as many times as you want. Highly recommended upgrade for confidence if nothing else!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53707

aye, those alcons are gooooooooood !

make big reds seem normal !

ade, are you also off to spa ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53712

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 13 April 2006
aye, those alcons are gooooooooood !
make big reds seem normal !

ade, are you also off to spa ?

I sure am! Ring Sunday/Monday, Spa Tues/Wed, ??? Thurs/Fri... I can hardly wait!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53727

Aid,

You did have PCCP's have you killed them?

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53729

what time you aiming to hit the ring on sunday...

leaving uk on saturday or sunday am ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53730

Daz - nope, I had the 4 pot Turbo/GT3 brakes (PCCBs weren't available on the Mk1)

Sundeep - I'm on the 1040am Sunday ferry from Calais and hope to be at the Ring by 4pm, with a full day Monday... ru going down Sat or Sun?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53737

And the bill was...........?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53745

Same brakes as my C4S then.

I find them very good, however I can understand why you wanted something better for track days, though I have never cooked mine.

They do suffer distortion when hot though, a bit of judder, but only on track.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53746

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 14 April 2006
Same brakes as my C4S then.
I find them very good, however I can understand why you wanted something better for track days, though I have never cooked mine.
They do suffer distortion when hot though, a bit of judder, but only on track.
Daz

Yep - on their own, they are still brilliant brakes compared to most systems out there. But if your brakes are juddering, you may want to check that they not already warped... skimming is one way of addressing the problem. Juddering is not normal!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53766

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 14 April 2006And the bill was...........?
£2.7k :(

and I also found what seemed to be the last pair of Corsas for the rear today through Elite Garages, so it was quite a painful start to the long weekend! :(
:(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53767

They only judder, during really heavy track day sessions, normal use even heavy normal use, and they give me no trouble at all.

TBH, i went round with Rob C in his GT3, and he has PCCB's and after a hard session his cooked and juddered slightly also when extremley hot.

I think I push the car a little to hard on the track sometimes, my last set of tyres have only lasted 8000 miles.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53769

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 14 April 2006
my last set of tyres have only lasted 8000 miles.
Daz

Whoa... mine only lasted 2.5k... just picked up some fresh Corsas today as well...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53772

Had a bonus then have we Aid :wink:

I dont know you wealthy big city types :D

Oi be a country boy you know,

BTW, I put Contis on mine, and kept my old ones to put on for my next track day.

I would buy a dedicated track day car such as yours if it wasnt for the kids, the fact that I like my creature comforts, and the fact that I drive it every day, and I drive it very hard, and the weather aint so kind in Wales in the winter.

Maybe one day I will have a GT3 as a track day car as well as my C4S,

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 53774

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back