Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New alarm/immobilser

I don't know this particular system but i believe the H&P along with this will be a 2 cut system .. its down to the installer which systems he cuts but starter motor .. yellow wire and something like injector feeds are the usual .

A cut is a simple interrupt of a normal system .. ie starter motor wire will be cut and run through this unit .. if not active then no current is supplied to the starter .

Places like Road radio will fit these at your house .

Mine has a Sigma S30 fitted, which pre-dates my ownership.

It's been in there since 2007 and I'm happy to report that I've had no problems with it in my six years with the car.

madge said:

It's been in there since 2007 and I'm happy to report that I've had no problems with it in my six years with the car.
Does it do remote central locking, or is it just an alarm & immobiliser? Also do you have the keypad installed / is it useful?

(just from the first Google result:)
ThatchamCategory1sigmaS30L.jpg

https://www.sasmobile.co.uk/view-product/sigma-s30-thatcham-category-1-car-alarm

SGH said:
New alarm/immobilser
I've been recommended the Clifford CONCEPT 650 MK3 which seems high spec but (and this sounds silly) the fob puts me off!

Becoming a little fed up of using the H&P immobiliser blade, as reliable as it is, the 20 or so second timeout is annoying!

ch3tman said:
Does it do remote central locking, or is it just an alarm & immobiliser? Also do you have the keypad installed / is it useful?

Yeah, it has remote central locking off of the key fob. It has the keypad also - I've only ever touched that to program a 2nd key fob. I'm not sure what else the keypad does to be honest.

madge said:
ch3tman said:

Yeah, it has remote central locking off of the key fob. It has the keypad also - I've only ever touched that to program a 2nd key fob. I'm not sure what else the keypad does to be honest.
Thanks! I had assumed (without reading into the model :oops:) the keypad was to disarm immobiliser by entering a code! A few older cars had this I think.

Just had a look in the manual and the keypad can be used for the following:

Disarming the security system

Arming the security system

Changing the security system's PIN

Teaching new radio keys to the security system

Teaching new touch keys to the security system

It can also be used to change the way the system operates by switching on or off various functions such as, Delete Arm and Disarm Indication Tone; Delete Ultrasonic Sensor etc.

I just need to find the PIN code now! :oops:

madge said:

:thumb: That's reassuring, I'm getting it fitted on the 31st.

SGH said:
madge said:

How did it go / are you happy with it? Where did they install your keypad? Any feedback for others considering this model?

ch3tman said:
SGH said:
madge said:

How did it go / are you happy with it? Where did they install your keypad? Any feedback for others considering this model?

It's been rescheduled to the 14th Sept now, I still have few more things to do while the rear bumper is off.

Just gone back to factory central locking & immobiliser on the door key. Full analogue mode.

Ripped out all this junk and no more ***** around with with button (push/pause/push/turn/push/pause*) at start up.

[*repeat]

Attachments

• 7e120e2c_2ed3_47a1_8d1f_c5fac0be34c3_744.jpeg
    7e120e2c_2ed3_47a1_8d1f_c5fac0be34c3_744.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 2,826
  • 7e120e2c_2ed3_47a1_8d1f_c5fac0be34c3_744.jpeg
    7e120e2c_2ed3_47a1_8d1f_c5fac0be34c3_744.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 2,826
Paulb33 said:
Just gone back to factory central locking & immobiliser on the door key. Full analogue mode.

Ripped out all this junk and no more ***** around with with button (push/pause/push/turn/push/pause*) at start up.

[*repeat]

Yup .. welcome to my world lol .. i've done this on many different models over the years with non start issues .. my record is X3 separate alarm systems on one car .. a 928 .. huge pile of wiring on that one !

More modern cars and its trackers causing a battery discharge .. again .. 3 trackers found on a cayenne .. all removed .

Get rid and start again with a new system if required .

Paulb33 said:

[*repeat]

Great news, I'm elbow deep into doing the same thing as I've just had to cut through a big alarm wire bundle (11 wires) to get my firewall out. Frankly I'd rather rip it all out than reconnect it.

Any idea where I'll find the locations they have cut into my car systems to do the immobiliser bits? I think mine is an H&P system installed in 1994. Seems to have a control box under the bonnet and another in the right hand footwell.

Attachments

• 20221016_115809_copy_2016x1512_156.jpg
    20221016_115809_copy_2016x1512_156.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 1,811
  • 20221016_115757_copy_2016x1512_109.jpg
    20221016_115757_copy_2016x1512_109.jpg
    564 KB · Views: 1,810
Siren is normally fitted in the engine compartment ... it can be fitted in the front luggage area ... that tends to be 964 though .

If ultrasonics fitted then the box will usually be dashboard area .. common place is going to be behind the bonnet handle panel or the same but the other side ... dashboard area basically as per your images .

Engine immobiliser cuts are normally black wires and will be close to the dme .. so under the passenger's seat .. usually best to remove or have the seat tilted back once undone to gain access ..

With cuts you are looking for a black wire joined to say a yellow wire .. this is the starter motor feed .. you find x2 yellow to black wires .. you cut and make the yellow wire joined bypassing the alarm system .

Black plastic loom tape .

These systems usually have 2 cuts .

A cut is an alarm control unit taking over the decision to switch this circuit on or not .

Depending on the alarm system fitted ..

It will have interior monitoring sensors ..

Central locking .. which may not work after removal depending on how the system has been fitted ..

A siren ..

A control box .. possibly .. controlling the immobilizer part .

If the indicators flash when its triggered then there will be a wiring connection to the indicator fuse or wiring .. this will be a join wire and not a cut .

With anything like this .. you trace the loom to where it goes .. plastic loom tape is a good indication as its not standard .You see plastic and check that loom .. might be for the radio or something else buts its an indication .

I can't say if this is all alarm related so please bear that in mind .

It's also possible its some sort of navtrak ( tracking device as well )

You are welcome to call me if you wish or if the car is drivable then at my house one weekend and i will assist you in removing this system .. foc .

I Will be assisting though and not just doing the job ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back