Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 993 Owner

oldnbold

Monza
Hi Chaps,

Thought I would just drop in and say hello, as I've just purchased my first ever Porsche at the age of 52. Having retired last year I've been looking for several months for a retirement toy. Although I looked at other marques I kept being drawn back to Porsche and the 993.

Five months of searching and visiting plenty of dealers, most of whom have been superb in offering information and test drives, finally 3 weeks ago I found this 120 miles from home.

100_1161_zps1f02437d.jpg
(alt+p)
[/img]

Its a 79k mile '95 C4 in Polar Silver with marble grey and an Aero kit fitted. The previous owner had the car fettled by Hartech over his 6 years of ownership and came with lots of history. I've just discovered it has a TechArt exhaust, even though the salesman assured me it was a standard system despite my doubts at the time.

I have read a huge amount about 993's over the last few months and one of the most interesting reads was Jackals blog about his 993 ownership. So with plenty of time on my hands I decided to start one of the little projects that he records so well.

The wheel arch detail.

From this
100_1159_zps352de168.jpg
(alt+p)

To this
100_1158_zpsf50ecab8.jpg
(alt+p)

While not quite as OCD as Jackal, I guess you could say that the 993 bug has bitten, especially as the wheel arch detail took me 2 days, outside in 3 degree temperatures.

Looking forward to driving her a bit now. :D

Welcome! Lovely looking car and in the best version of silver IMHO :thumb:

You're going to fit right in here with those wheel arches. May want to get back out there and polish those discs before anyone else posts :grin:

TJ :thumb:

Welcome and congratulations. Looks like you've found a good one. More pics please.

Congrats, great looking retirement present :thumb:

993's and OCD go hand in hand, good work.

993 / OCD... same thing!

Welcome. Nice first post and great work there.

Is there a cover to go over that arch?

Welcome to 911uk :bye:

Retired at 51 eh? Nice :thumb:

What did the neighbours think of you cleaning out the wheelarches at 3 degrees? :grin:

Thanks for the warm welcome chaps.

* Yes there are wheel arch liners, but removed for the clean.
* Discs now clean, a quick 30 mile "just going for a spin round the block darling" sorted that.
* Neighbours thought I was fairly mad and nearly called the men in white coats, however as I've been doing pretty much the same to all my bikes over the years, but in the summer, they just accept that I may have a marble loose.

20130304_134801_zps48f62763.jpg

Welcome from another fellow newbie. Sounds like we have a lot in common apart from I've not got my car yet and I'm not retired..... Damn :sad:

That spec of car would have been right on my radar, I love polar silver, great find :thumb:

I'm itching to get going on mine now ...........

Welcome old chap :thumb:

Once OCD bites you'll be changing those wiper blades and ordering the widget :grin:

:welcome:

Lovely car oldnbold - loving the arch detail :thumb:

:welcome: oldnbold...Lovely looking 93 :thumbs:

Lovely looking car mate

Newish here myself, had mine about 6 months, managed about 1k miles so far but the OCD has already well taken hold!

Hobbo

Zingari said:
Welcome old chap :thumb:

Once OCD bites you'll be changing those wiper blades and ordering the widget :grin:

Would it be deemed OCD to order 5 new screws for the top defroster trim because one was a bit worn so it was best to change them all?

BTW - had my car for just over 2 months and still feel like a kid with a new toy everytime I sit in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markt13
Back