Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 992 GT3 Touring brings both a manual and PDK gearbox

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Toned-down version of 503bhp 911 loses mammoth rear wing and introduces manual option

The new Porsche 911 GT3 has gained a "more understated" Touring Package which brings toned-down styling and a six-speed manual gearbox.

As with the previous-generation 911 GT3 Touring, the new addition to the line-up is mechanically identical to the 503bhp standard GT3, revealed earlier this year, but with a number of key revisions aimed at drivers with "a pronounced passion for understatement and classic driving pleasure".

Equipped with the six-speed manual gearbox, the 911 GT3 Touring weighs 1418kg, or 1435kg with the optional seven-speed PDK automatic - the same as the standard GT3.

In typical Touring style, the huge fixed rear wing has been removed in favour of a concealed, automatically extending item, while bespoke styling cues include aluminium window trims, a colour-coded front splitter, a 'Touring' rear badge and tinted headlights.

Inside, it's marked out by way of a unique leather finish for the seats, steering wheel, gearstick, centre console and armrests, as well as black aluminium tread plates and dashboard.

Prices match the standard GT3, starting from £127,820, and we can expect performance figures to remain roughly identical, too: 0-62mph in 3.4secs and a 199mph top speed.

Attachments

• 992gt3_touring_05_167.jpg
    992gt3_touring_05_167.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 6,793
  • 992gt3_touring_04_939.jpg
    992gt3_touring_04_939.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 6,793
  • 992gt3_touring_03_570.jpg
    992gt3_touring_03_570.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 6,793
  • 992gt3_touring_02_205.jpg
    992gt3_touring_02_205.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 6,793
  • 992gt3_touring_01_890.jpg
    992gt3_touring_01_890.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 6,793
  • 992gt3_touring_12_116.jpg
    992gt3_touring_12_116.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 6,793
For the first time, the 7-speed PDK dual-clutch transmission can now be specified at no extra cost. Top speed is 199 mph where permitted (198 mph with PDK), and acceleration from 0-62 mph takes 3.9 secs (3.4 secs with PDK). Combined fuel economy is 21.9 mpg, equivalent to 292 g/km CO2.

Silver-coloured, high-gloss anodised aluminium trim strips around the side windows are another distinguishing feature that underline the newcomer's discreet shift in emphasis. The nose apron is painted completely in the exterior colour. Elevating the comfort of the interior is an extended leather trim in black, a feature available exclusively for the GT3 with Touring package. The dashboard fascia and the upper side sections of the door trim panels also feature a special surface treatment.

The name 'Touring Package" can trace its history to an equipment variant of the 911 Carrera RS from model year 1973. This set the trend for a focus on the pure 911 design and a traditional interior finish. Porsche revived the idea in 2017, offering a Touring Package for the previous Type 991 generation of the 911 GT3.
Performance with grace: the exterior and interior details

A rear lid grille with the logo 'GT3 touring" in unique design covers the high-revving 4.0-litre engine. Like the trim strips of the side windows, the tailpipes of the sports exhaust system are also silver-coloured. These elements are finished in satin-gloss black in the optional exterior Touring Package, in combination with dark-tinted front light modules.

Behind the wheel, the 911 GT3 with Touring Package offers the ambience of a classic sports car. The steering wheel rim, gear shift / selector lever, cover of the centre console, armrests in the door panels and the door handles are trimmed in black leather. The partial leather interior features black stitching. The seat centre panels are covered with black fabric, and the roof-lining is also black. The head restraints bear embossed Porsche crests. The door entry guards and trim elements on the fascia and centre console feature brushed black aluminium.

A broad selection of optional equipment for the 911 GT3 is also available in combination with the Touring Package. This includes all exterior and wheel colours, LED headlights with Porsche Dynamic Light System and Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus, PCCB ceramic brakes, the front axle lift system, the Chrono package and audio upgrades.

The new Porsche 911 GT3 with Touring Package is on sale from today priced from £127,820.00 RRP.

Attachments

• 992gt3_touring_10_657.jpg
    992gt3_touring_10_657.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 6,787
  • 992gt3_touring_09_330.jpg
    992gt3_touring_09_330.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 6,787
  • 992gt3_touring_08_850.jpg
    992gt3_touring_08_850.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 6,787
  • 992gt3_touring_07_151.jpg
    992gt3_touring_07_151.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 6,787
  • 992gt3_touring_06_159.jpg
    992gt3_touring_06_159.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 6,787
  • 992gt3_touring_11_672.jpg
    992gt3_touring_11_672.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 6,787
I was looking forward to seeing this, but it's an anti-climax..

The touring badge looks like a hoover.
Looks too big and chunky - not really loving the front or the rear. Perhaps in the flesh will look better?
The 991 Touring looks cleaner, better lines and remains subtle.

Beautiful I'll have one in blue please

8)

From what I've seen so far, I don't think there's anything about that I don't like. Except the size of these new models but that's just the norm these days

Looks great. Like they said understated.

I wish the cars would stop getting bigger though. Have we as people got that much bigger than we need such huge cars? Barely fitting into parking spaces, (that were measured in the 1960s).

I really like it but like isysman says it looks very wide. Saw a red 996 turbo yesterday driving around and couldn't believe how small it looked by comparison.

Poker2009 said:
I was looking forward to seeing this, but it's an anti-climax..

The touring badge looks like a hoover.
Looks too big and chunky - not really loving the front or the rear. Perhaps in the flesh will look better?
The 991 Touring looks cleaner, better lines and remains subtle.

What were you expecting? Its a GT3 without a wing so fairly obvious what it was going to be like.
Id have one, I do wish they would put a simple or subtle ducktail style spoiler on though.

isysman said:
Looks great. Like they said understated.

I wish the cars would stop getting bigger though. Have we as people got that much bigger than we need such huge cars? Barely fitting into parking spaces, (that were measured in the 1960s).

Same here. I think it's to do with constantly 'improving' safety regs, with the need for airbags everywhere and electronic devices to stop us drifting into another lane, reversing into something, basically driving these cars for us. Also I think more and more space is needed for crumple zones and pedestrian protection. I'm sure there's some irony there somewhere though - cars getting bigger to protect human beings on the inside but at the expense of human beings on the outside. Surely the bigger cars become the more dangerous they become to pedestrians especially

I think the roads would be a safer place for everyone if we took the opposite approach, and forced everyone to only drive a Caterham. All the exposure to the elements would raise awareness of the driver's surroundings and the feeling of speed at objectively low speeds would act as more of a deterrent than all the bings and bongs that go off when you exceed the speed limiter setting. The bigger and more insulated cars become, the more we drive around oblivious to the dangers around us

I sat inside a lovely blue 992 C2S the other day and while it's beautifully made and looks great, I really was surprised at how wide the 911 has become. Sure, you get used to the size after a while after driving, but roads, width restrictions, parking spaces, etc aren't getting any narrower

I digress

/rantover :grin:

I still want a new Touring regardless 8)

Never been on one of those but yeah I can imagine

I wonder if I look in the mirror and say 'GT3 Touring" 3 times, one will magically appear on the driveway

... I'm not doing that in case it doesn't happen :sad:

coullstar said:
One ride on a motorbike soon gets your idea of vulnerability heightened.

Indeed. It's all relative..

Regards the touring, no mention of the spring rates etc. From the reviews of the GT3 you'd have expected this to be toned down a little for some comfort.

I might be a little biased but it's not as pretty as the previous Touring. It'll be interesting to see if they adjust the chassis setup and make it more compliant for the road.

I'm not sure if the colour matched front plastic bit is better or worse than the winged car? :?: And those frunk nostrils are too aggressive.

Having said all that, if an OPC would take my money I'd have one. :pc:

Will need getting used to. When 991 came out , I hated it but like it now :grin:

I'm not really a huge fan of the 991 onwards, but a GT3 Touring...yum.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrmward27
Back