Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Never driven when wet?....

AlexW

Silverstone
Out of curiosity when ive been reading through adverts for porsches i notice that sometimes it says things like 'never driven in the wet' and similar.

Why does this make any difference to the car?

Surely if a corsa can handle a bit of rain a porsche should be able to?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88602

All modern Porsches are full galvanised so rust isn't a major problem. However it is made of steel and it will rust eventually. Rain/water/salt is just another natural element that will speed up the process. There are many componants of the car exterior that will corrode with moisture. So to stop the car from rusting ever, you need to keep it in a warm moisture free, vaccume container. But what's the fun in that?

If you have 2 Porsches that are exactly the same but one's been living in sunny California with no rain and no SALT on the road then you'll have less corrosion. But a Porsche will still withstand the natural element better than a Corsa in the same given condition.. It's a matter of relativity.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88604

I'd check with the owner if they ever washed their car! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88606

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 09 November 2006

I'd check with the owner if they ever washed their car! :wink:
Or if it was kept in a garage!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88610

Ah ok im with you.

Havent ever heard of a porsche with rust i must admit!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 88611

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCGMS
Back