Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

need new tyres on the 997 turbo, any thoughts please

FLETCHER

Nurburgring
looking into a new set of 4 tyres for the 997 turbo, im happy with the pzero rosso on the car, is there something better i am missing.
must be n1 . 235/35/19 and 305/35/19 two of each.
after a quick look on the net they are aprox £1000 for the set and i can get tesco club card points. :eek:

£1k for all 4 fitted, incl. VAT is a good price. Blackcircles.com was the best price for me. I used them to buy 2x new rear tyres a couple months ago, and got them for £567 for the pair. Rubber was Pirelli P Zero N1's.

Bridgestone works for me.

If you had no OPC warranty, then the MPSS are simply the best tyres you can get full stop. Nothing else remotely comes close.

As you are in warranty, then either the RE050A or preferably the PS2 are better than the PZs. Come to think of it, a couple of rubber bands would likely give more feedback and grip than the PZs ;)

Many thanks for all your advice lads, i have made my mind up.
I will be getting the Michelin Pilot Super Sports to put on the car , keep my rosso's for spares ( just in case ).
Oh and i have made a good contact in pirrelli F1 ,he seems to think he can supply me with a few tyres at cost price and a drink.
Not too sure it will come to anything but its got to be worth following up.

I paid £205 for my Yokohama Advan 315 rears and I love em, no N rating though, but neither will the 888's im getting have either.

If you wanted PS2's with N2 rating and we could sell 5 pairs I can get them for £150 each or 10 pairs £145 each.

If you wanted PS2's with N2 rating and we could sell 5 pairs I can get them for £150 each or 10 pairs £145 each.

Good deal

JohnnyDangerous said:

That's a good deal!
At that price I'd take a set of four.

Need new tyres front and rear on mine in 235/35/19 and 305/35/19.

He only had 315/30/18 I dont think he had matching fronts I paid only £205 for my pair of Advans and they stick just fine, good enough to pull a VBox recorded 12.05 1/4 mile on a runway, in fact quicker than at the pod !!!! And no problems round the handling circuit at TOTB where it was 2 sec slower than a stripped Quattro Sport on 888's , all 4 tyres cost me £420 !!!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fluellen
Back