Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Update

911Silverback

I have finally come to an agreement with the Insurance company that my car will be repaired, however it will be done as a full and final payment in lieu basis to myself, and not the conventional way most Insurance work like this is carried out.

The reason it has taken so long is purely a technical issue with the cost of replacing the PCCBs that become ever so slightly damaged due to mud/ingress etc being jammed in the wheels.

Also there was a slight confusion on the value of my car, although what they initially valued it at was very reasonable, when i done a few searches for the exact same GT3CS spec car i was really surprised that the values have not yet been hit and are still about the 60k mark for a low mileage example such as my own.

So im in a position now where if i wanted to i could kinda skimp a bit on the repair, for example the front rad is absolutely fine but a few of the fins have become bent due to the accident and all this has been included in the quote by the Porsche body shop. I could even take my car and get it repaired by an inde for a lot less than what iv been quoted take the money and put it straight up for sale, nobody would know any different!!

However i would and i like to think im an honest type of fella and i really couldn't do that, so i have given the body shop full go ahead to do EVERYTHING that was originally on the quote and i hope to get her back in about 3 weeks which includes a full geo set up and corner balance at JZM.

Hopefully this all goes well, and i wont have any issues when the car is back on the road. If everything goes according to plan i will be a very happy man, obviously i cant give the full ins and outs, but i look at it as compensation for being without my car for about 8 weeks!!

If anyone wants to know more about what iv negotiated PM cos im not putting it up for public display, also please dont post anything that an Insurance company would be interested in...you never know

So iv already decided when i get her back to put it up for sale.

The main reason for this is a consequence of what happened to me. I DO like to drive fast but safely but how the traction broke and ended up me doing a 360 off the road has really shaken me up. I dont confess to being any type of driving God but iv had very fast cars all my life, and i feel the GT3 without any electronics is for the kinda person i am a very dangerous place to be in. Without doubt if id had some type of PSM / PASM on that car the accident would not have happened.

With that in mind im seriously now considering buying a 997C2S cab but only with the X51? kit from Porsche that delivers about 380hp. Iv made a few inquires already and a lhd may soon become available so i'll have to wait and see what happens with that, if i could buy end of summer and sell start of next summer, i shouldn't take to much of a hit, and by then hopefully a few 997GT3s will be available and then i will POUNCE!!!!!!!!! White CS YUM YUM... so no hair dressing jokes thank you!!!!!!! and did you know the 997C2S coupe is 4SECS quicker at the ring than a 996TT!!!!!!!!

WOW

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63210

Glad you got the result you wanted. And at least with another cab on here it will take some of the hairdressing heat off me!

997C2S... Sweet! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63211

Good to know the car is getting fixed. C2S is nice not to fond of convertibles. I had one (a convertible that is) every time I dropped the hood I’d end up with sun burnt ears and very self conscious of the music I was playing

On a side note can u check yr pm's please I sent you one over the weekend

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63214

Rob,

Glad to see it is getting sorted,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63221

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 12 June 2006

and very self conscious of the music I was playing On a side note can u check yr pm's please I sent you one over the weekend
If your worried about the music your playing then do as i did last year when i had the 996 cab have 2 sets of CDs.. private (roof up) and cabrio mode :D
i do confess to having some 80/90s stuff that is VERY private :wink:
Erhm who said anything about Milli Vanilli :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mate got no PMs try again?

And Chris the cabs only going be temporary so not sure how long im going to be able to help out with the cab slack :)

Ps on a side note as its my thread im n not hijaking.. does the 997 cab come with a hard top or is it an option extra?

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63224

Rob, one spin and you have gone from

Rambo

to

Bambi :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63225

ok rob check now

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63228

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 June 2006

Rambo to Bambi :wink:

Let the abuse commence!!! :D

But we'll see how the new 997 chassis and 380 horses fares against a heavy, cumbersome, tired, overheating :wink:
C4S.. how much quicker is a TT at the ring compared to C4S? Me thinks by the time you get round i could put the hood up, adjust my hair and roll a cigy. :wink:

In fact i may write to Top Gear, that sounds like a good feature :D

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63231

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 12 June 2006

Previous poster said:

and very self conscious of the music I was playing On a side note can u check yr pm's please I sent you one over the weekend
If your worried about the music your playing then do as i did last year when i had the 996 cab have 2 sets of CDs.. private (roof up) and cabrio mode :D
i do confess to having some 80/90s stuff that is VERY private :wink:
Erhm who said anything about Milli Vanilli :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Mate got no PMs try again?

And Chris the cabs only going be temporary so not sure how long im going to be able to help out with the cab slack :)

Ps on a side note as its my thread im n not hijaking.. does the 997 cab come with a hard top or is it an option extra?

...rob
Hard top is an option, the wind deflector is standard now! (bargain)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63233

Rob you could do the hood on the move. Maybe on one of the slow sections?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63235

good work rob, glad to see you getting back on the road...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63242

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 911Silverback on 12 June 2006

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 June 2006

Rambo to Bambi :wink:

Let the abuse commence!!! :D

But we'll see how the new 997 chassis and 380 horses fares against a heavy, cumbersome, tired, overheating :wink:
C4S.. how much quicker is a TT at the ring compared to C4S? Me thinks by the time you get round i could put the hood up, adjust my hair and roll a cigy. :wink:

In fact i may write to Top Gear, that sounds like a good feature :D

...rob

LOL,

You forgot the cut and blow dry, and possibly some highlights :D

BTW, doubt we would ever see the difference 8 seconds a lap gives on an 8 minute course

I mean that translates to 1.5% quicker over the complete course for the best drivers on the planet,

TBH I rekon Sabine in her van could beat me on the ring.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63245

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 12 June 2006

Rob you could do the hood on the move. Maybe on one of the slow sections?
This is the one Chris..

How about giving Daz a head start at the start line, i have to wait until the roof is completely folded up in position.. and then i set off!!

Obviously the new precision engineered masterpiece with 380 willing horses overcomes and passes the desperate C4S somewhere about the 3/4 mark..

And as i approach the finishing line i put the roof down at 32mph to wave to my adoring fans who have just witnessed something special!!!!! lol :D

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63246

Previous poster said:

ok rob check now
Mate sorry thy inbox was full :oops:

Try again..

Sorry

...rob

Migration info. Legacy thread was 63251

Forum statistics

Threads