Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My U boat

Jonathan Rubins

Spa-Francorchamps
if you recall the classic Risky Business moment when the Porsche engineer asks who is the u boat captain well I got to re-enact it yesterday being stuck in a valley road during the storms.

The merc in front stalled in water at least above its wheels and set off all the electrics, i had to follow and balanced half on a curb eased across, not only did we make it but the brakes started working again nearly immediately... pride

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94128

We were flooded too, luckily only about six inces deep at the time. Was two foot later on though. Would have needed the pickup to get me out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94141

this is where camera phones need to be used !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94143

i really felt for the woman in the Merc, i had 4 minutes to get to a funeral hence not helping her nor retracing my steps and deciding to go for it, the a1 had standing water like I have never seen but all credit to the car it trucked on like a good un.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94145

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 27 November 2006

this is where camera phones need to be used !
I was too hungover to operate machinery! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94156

Learnt something about Cruise Control and standing water yesterday - I forgot the golden rule about not mixing the two :?

(ETC brakes the aquaplaning wheel sending all the power through the other back wheel, and you can normally guess the rest...) :(

... however, I was in the new Freelander at the time and the ETC cancelled the cruise instantly :eek:
phewwwww....

Impressed or what? Don't try it at home though - unless you are absolutely sure your car will do the same (does anyone know if it does on a Porsche?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 94341

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Damos_Cars
Back