Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My other car is ..........

Nishal Patel

Monza
Its been a while since i saw one of these signs on the back of a car.

So, whilst your spoilt beauties are resting in their heated carpeted garages etc etc,

What do the rest of the 911 crowd use for their donkey work??

Don't be shy, i'll start off with Corsa 1.2 16V easitronic!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45353

Erm, the 911 - it's my only car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45355

should be evident from the signature.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45356

I've got a good old Land Rover Defender 90.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45357

What's the point of buying a Porsche if it's just going to sit gathering dust in the garage :roll:

Get out and drive it every day :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45359

well i've also got my Corrado VR6 Storm and my 924S as alternative transport..........but for some unknown reason...........i'm always in the 993 :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45361

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 10 February 2006

Erm, the 911 - it's my only car!
Likewise for me, once my car arrives in March!!

I thought that was the whole point in owning a Porsche - a supercar you can use everyday.........Otherwise I would have gone down the used F360 plus daily runabout.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45363

I mix it up with

Audi A4tdi Avant
BMW x3Sport 3.0
C4S 996

Daz.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45364

Use the Golf grudgingly when i need the extra space or gonna park somewhere a bit dodge. Otherwise its 911 everytime. (even to Ikea once where i managed to fit some drawers in the back :lol: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45365

BMW 320d for work. I think this a great car and we've just order two more and added a name on the list for the convertible.

ML for family and towing.

Opel Manta A Series 1972 owned from new with 71500 on the clock.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45378

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 10 February 2006

What's the point of buying a Porsche if it's just going to sit gathering dust in the garage :roll:

...because I dont really see mine as an everyday car ('85 Supersport) more of a weekender...and then only when there is no salt or ice on the roads....or when it's raining. Am I being too fussy.

Other than that its a Jag S Type

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45387

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rich Jones on 10 February 2006

Cos i dont want to use it in the snow and ice for 3 months of the year................. drove a 911 year round for 3 years, but enough is enough.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45396

Other cars in the "family" are an MX5 and of the shameful things a Toyota Prius :oops:

Prius is the everyday company hack (dead-cheap on tax) which my wife mainly uses as I am home based. The 993 Targa is the weekend toy and the Mixer is used when I need the lentil munching Prius.

Sorry guys :oops:
only being honest.

John

993 Targa 6sp

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45397

The family work horse is a Passat estate with a sticker in the back saying "my other car is a broom" :p

Sharing the garage with the Ruf I've also got an old Beetle cabriolet, another old Beetle saloon and about 7 bicycles.

But my daily ride is a train!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 45399

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back