Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new SubWoofer install.....

ScoobyDoo555

Barcelona
Started with my amp install - by far the hardest part as there's a couple of grommets that can be added to.....or you drill out new ones. I wasn't that brave, so I added too the existing ones......with great difficulty!

The amp has been mounted on plywood that sits behind the carpet in front of the diff. got some silicone sealant to secure the wood in place, allowing for easy removal.

IMG-20130710-00422_zps936f677e.jpg

All held in place very securely :)

Getting the cables to the head unit was easy - the grommet behind the battery was easily accessible.
The PIG was getting the speaker cable to the back of the car - the rear seat carpet was a total b@stard if I'm honest.

I then made the box - the subs are JBL 8" drivers. Carpeted to match the seats.....

subs_zpsc3ed49ad.jpg

And from the "stealth" perspective -

IMG-20130711-00427_zps3a86cb9b.jpg

Outside - sorry it was sunny!

IMG-20130711-00425_zpse95d67e1.jpg

HIGHLY rewarding build, and combined with the uprated speakers and head unit, the sound has been transformed - really tight bass and crisp tops.

Happy bunny.

Dan

Nice to see someone attempting some ICE.

My speakers have had it so I want to do a complete ICE install. I've had a little search to see what people have done but there seems to be more problems that no one seems to say how to resolve!

What did you do when swapping the front speakers in the dash and doors?

Baz

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back