Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 997 turbo

darkhorse said:
Sounds good. Appreciate that ref/ the carbon guy.
How are you finding the engine mounts? I was going to do them when I had the engine out last time , but the current ones are ok but stretched slightly compared to new ones now, and Ive been looking at those RSS ones. Just wondering if you noticed any difference from stock? cheers

With regards to the RSS mounts, I fitted them to my 997 turbo a few years back. Was a great decision. car felt much better - hard to describe, but it felt like I had a sports exhaust on it. The engine sounded much better inside the cabin, gear change felt better and handling seemed a bit better. Not really any increase in vibrations or road noise - I use the car as a daily and had no issues driving 400 miles in one day once to Newcastle & back.

I fear that I may take this thread further off the track, but the RSS (and probably other) engine mounts are good idea to help control the mass of that engine and gearbox out back. In my view they helps the body control and feeling of predictability in a corner. You can't see them but you can definitely feel them.

MaxA said:
I fear that I may take this thread further off the track, but the RSS (and probably other) engine mounts are good idea to help control the mass of that engine and gearbox out back. In my view they helps the body control and feeling of predictability in a corner. You can't see them but you can definitely feel them.

No its cool, its great people like yourself and rabbitstew can help others with advice :thumb:

quattro20v said:
I've still got a b5. Its parked up most of the time so I sometimes think about selling it. But then after a little blast I soon change my mind.
I think we've met at mrc few years back. PM me details of the rs4 if you want to sell, theres a guy who lives near me that regularly pesters me for mine.

C5 rs6 eh? You must be enjoying the tiptronic (getting old) :p

I already have a list waiting, it's a totally stock nogaro i actually bought to flip.
Re the c5 I've always liked the look but the chocolate gearbox has always worried me :lol:
Yes we probably have met im there alot, Im actually down there a week today for some more work on my b8.5 S4, also tip so most certainly getting old :sad: :lol:

rabbitstew said:
darkhorse said:
Sounds good. Appreciate that ref/ the carbon guy.
How are you finding the engine mounts? I was going to do them when I had the engine out last time , but the current ones are ok but stretched slightly compared to new ones now, and Ive been looking at those RSS ones. Just wondering if you noticed any difference from stock? cheers

With regards to the RSS mounts, I fitted them to my 997 turbo a few years back. Was a great decision. car felt much better - hard to describe, but it felt like I had a sports exhaust on it. The engine sounded much better inside the cabin, gear change felt better and handling seemed a bit better. Not really any increase in vibrations or road noise - I use the car as a daily and had no issues driving 400 miles in one day once to Newcastle & back.
thanks and also thanks MaxA!

I already have a list waiting, it's a totally stock nogaro i actually bought to flip.
Re the c5 I've always liked the look but the chocolate gearbox has always worried me :lol:
Yes we probably have met im there alot, Im actually down there a week today for some more work on my b8.5 S4, also tip so most certainly getting old :sad: :lol:[/quote]

Mine is a noggy aswell, thats the only colour he wants!
I'm trying to get Doug to put my dms 996 on the rollers this week to see what power it is/isnt putting out

quattro20v said:
I'm trying to get Doug to put my dms 996 on the rollers this week to see what power it is/isnt putting out

DMS? - Be prepared to be disappointed. Will be interesting to see the results though. Doug tuned and serviced my Supercharged B7 RS4, top guy. In fact a quick google has found the video of it...

quattro20v said:
Yes we probably have met im there alot, Im actually down there a week today for some more work on my b8.5 S4, also tip so most certainly getting old :sad: :lol:

Mine is a noggy aswell, thats the only colour he wants!
I'm trying to get Doug to put my dms 996 on the rollers this week to see what power it is/isnt putting out[/quote]

Well like i say im there friday early afternoon dropping the s4
Doug and Minhea also want to re map the turbo sometime :lol:

Julesturbo said:

I believe Minhea has a 911 turbo himself now...

AdeD said:
Julesturbo said:

He certainly does, had it for a while now, otherwise i wouldn't have considered the map :lol:

Julesturbo said:
AdeD said:
Julesturbo said:

He certainly does, had it for a while now, otherwise i wouldn't have considered the map :lol:

He is one of a small handful of tuners I would be happy to use, when you getting it done? 😉

I fitted titanium studs when we did the turbos Jules, so they won't be rusty :)

You still need to get it back to me for health check to make sure everything is working as it should.

I have some dragy times for it here, 0-60 in 3.01 and 100-200kph in 5.7. There is more in it but we tuned it for John to be reliable which it's good to see it has been :)

AdeD said:
Julesturbo said:
AdeD said:
Julesturbo said:

He is one of a small handful of tuners I would be happy to use, when you getting it done? 😉

He's had a 996 turbo for over 10years, rwd converted, rebuilt engine etc
I think he mentioned he's looking to sell it last time we spoke

Mezgerite said:

You still need to get it back to me for health check to make sure everything is working as it should.

I have some dragy times for it here, 0-60 in 3.01 and 100-200kph in 5.7. There is more in it but we tuned it for John to be reliable which it's good to see it has been :)

Ok mate that sounds fantastic, lets get it in the 2's so its as quick as my 6 lol.
I think that also managed a 5.7 100-200 :thumb:

Mezgerite said:

Jules, if Mezgerite mapped your car there really is no need to get it done again by anyone else, it's already tuned by one of the best...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoxsterBE2024
Back