Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new 997 turbo

Already stripped and ready to go

Attachments

• d56d760c_8877_4c19_9590_10b684a8888b_179.jpeg
    d56d760c_8877_4c19_9590_10b684a8888b_179.jpeg
    359.2 KB · Views: 3,163
Nice, I saw this for sale in classifieds. Mega bargain considering how much they cost as an option!!
I have the same wheel, will be interested to see what you do with it. I was very tempted to do a paddle conversion on the newer model steering wheel but I love carbon so havent done as yet lol.

Please post pics of the steering wheel work.. My carbon centre console is due a little tlc (harline crack) so if you can recommend anyone, please drop me a pm cheers

darkhorse said:
Nice, I saw this for sale in classifieds. Mega bargain considering how much they cost as an option!!
I have the same wheel, will be interested to see what you do with it. I was very tempted to do a paddle conversion on the newer model steering wheel but I love carbon so havent done as yet lol.

Please post pics of the steering wheel work.. My carbon centre console is due a little tlc (harline crack) so if you can recommend anyone, please drop me a pm cheers

Hi, I'm dropping it off this weekend to be started, i was hoping to have it done by now but my work has gone bonkers.
I'm using a new carbon guy who my trimmer has highly recommended so if he's as good as his work looks I'll send his details.
I was the same and really fancied a newer wheel and paddles but for this money thought this was worth a go and i really liked it once it arrived.

The 997 looks lovely, check out the meets section as I'm teaming up with Wayne to have a Porsche section at Edition38 in September, your car(s) would be a perfect fit 8)

:thumb:

Not much to report, I went to Liverpool for a cars and coffee with lots of cool
Oldskool Porsches. Loving the car still and it was nice to spot it also has RSS engine mounts fitted yesterday while having a route round.

The front is starting to knock making the bilstein feel even more harsh so I'm thinking new front top mounts required.

Attachments

• 97ff0ef7_0bd3_4693_8a7a_e07f2111e112_494.jpeg
    97ff0ef7_0bd3_4693_8a7a_e07f2111e112_494.jpeg
    326.9 KB · Views: 2,537
HSC911 said:
The 997 looks lovely, check out the meets section as I'm teaming up with Wayne to have a Porsche section at Edition38 in September, your car(s) would be a perfect fit 8)

:thumb:

Thanks mate :thumb:
I know Wayne well so that sounds like a plan, i best get cracking then :lol:
I keep noticing the great stock you have so think I should come and visit at some point soon. 8)

Sounds good. Appreciate that ref/ the carbon guy.
How are you finding the engine mounts? I was going to do them when I had the engine out last time , but the current ones are ok but stretched slightly compared to new ones now, and Ive been looking at those RSS ones. Just wondering if you noticed any difference from stock? cheers

darkhorse said:
Sounds good. Appreciate that ref/ the carbon guy.
How are you finding the engine mounts? I was going to do them when I had the engine out last time , but the current ones are ok but stretched slightly compared to new ones now, and Ive been looking at those RSS ones. Just wondering if you noticed any difference from stock? cheers

Unfortunately i can't help re the mounts as i had no idea i even had them fitted till i found them last night :lol:
I'm constantly finding modifications on this car the previous owner of 8 years had already done luckily for me.

Julesturbo said:
So I got myself a new steering wheel from a very nice gent on here.
I really fancied a newer style like many have done but for the money
I thought I would give this a try.
When It arrived I actually really liked it in the flesh. The only issue is the lower Carbon has cracked on the inside. I was hoping it was just lacquer damage
But no it's the resin over the carbon that's cracked.
Having had many things carbon in the past it's suprising how much resin
Porsche use. Anyway I have mates who can sort this.
So my idea is to repair and re lacquer then do a yellow 12oclock marker
Any then do the rest of the wheel in grey Alcantara with yellow stitch and
Use my grey leather airbag from my original wheel so it all ties in with what
I currently have.

Quality idea but be careful as sometimes the horn will never work again :nooo:

boy names that mean ocean

spongebob squarepants said:
Julesturbo said:
So I got myself a new steering wheel from a very nice gent on here.
I really fancied a newer style like many have done but for the money
I thought I would give this a try.
When It arrived I actually really liked it in the flesh. The only issue is the lower Carbon has cracked on the inside. I was hoping it was just lacquer damage
But no it's the resin over the carbon that's cracked.
Having had many things carbon in the past it's suprising how much resin
Porsche use. Anyway I have mates who can sort this.
So my idea is to repair and re lacquer then do a yellow 12oclock marker
Any then do the rest of the wheel in grey Alcantara with yellow stitch and
Use my grey leather airbag from my original wheel so it all ties in with what
I currently have.

Quality idea but be careful as sometimes the horn will never work again :nooo:

boy names that mean ocean

Loving the grey alcantara and yellow :thumb:
Well i'll be disappointed if it doesn't, hopefully i'll be one of the lucky ones :sad: :lol:

Should be fine, can't see why the horns wont work again spongebob! Unless the wirings been damaged?

Well naughty me hadn't realised the mot had ran out
Till someone mentioned on Instagram :eek:
Funny why people feel the need to check but hey it
Did me a favour this time.
So booked in for 7am this morning so I could go before work.
Passed with no issues. It was great to see how clean the car also
Is underneath.

Attachments

• 291a70fc_5b33_48d9_9e3a_e53c7ddf17cd_184.jpeg
    291a70fc_5b33_48d9_9e3a_e53c7ddf17cd_184.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 2,425
Looks ace :thumb:

Surely the manifold and turbo nuts/bolts must be rusty ?

Seems like lots of people on here have had or still own a b5 rs4, must be a natural progression

quattro20v said:
Looks ace :thumb:

Surely the manifold and turbo nuts/bolts must be rusty ?

Seems like lots of people on here have had or still own a b5 rs4, must be a natural progression

Thanks mate :thumb:
No they were fine as its had uprated turbos and manifold quite recently lol.
There was some little bits of rust but i was really happy how good it looks.
As for b5s i still love them and still have one but not for long its going very soon.
I've actually been looking at c5 rs6s this week as I've always fancied one.

I've still got a b5. Its parked up most of the time so I sometimes think about selling it. But then after a little blast I soon change my mind.
I think we've met at mrc few years back. PM me details of the rs4 if you want to sell, theres a guy who lives near me that regularly pesters me for mine.

C5 rs6 eh? You must be enjoying the tiptronic (getting old) :p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoxsterBE2024
Back