Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My heater is not hot enough...........

fastmonkey

Spa-Francorchamps
With the colder mornings I've been cranking the heat up on the way to work and it doesn't seem to be that hot, my average in car temp is on 24 and I've never had the heat on in a car at that temp ever as the normal running temp, when I put it on to HI it is hot but in the low to mid 20's it doesn't feel the right temp.

Is this a normal / common / know issue at all ?

The heater in my C2 is the best/hottest I've ever felt in any car, there is no way you could drive with it on anywhere near max.

Even with the roof down in the winter it genuinely keeps you warm :)

fastmonkey said:
With the colder mornings I've been cranking the heat up on the way to work and it doesn't seem to be that hot, my average in car temp is on 24 and I've never had the heat on in a car at that temp ever as the normal running temp, when I put it on to HI it is hot but in the low to mid 20's it doesn't feel the right temp.

Is this a normal / common / know issue at all ?

In simple terms there is a mixing flap. When the temp is HI the flap is 98% in one direction, so all the warm air comes in. As you reduce the temp from high, it reduces the % that the flap is in one direction. The control unit can be tested to see if 1) the flap is working, 2) if the control unit is controlling the flap correctly 3) whether the thermostat is reading correctly.

If you reduce from HI to say 24, and the temp at 24, 25, 26, 27 is all the same then it is probably the control unit.

Cheapest solution is the thermostat. Control units are expensive but there are a lot of online good second hand places that do these so don't buy new - you just need to make sure that the part number is exactly the same - then it is a straight swap.

Done one the other day - on HI it was 98%, as soon as you made any change it went to 0%.

Any garage with the correct diagnostics can plug in and read the values in a few minutes.

Ken

Wow thanks Ken that is very helpful. The car is still within 3 months of me buying from the supplying dealer which I am visiting on Friday to get my seat memory sorted out so I will get them to look and advise. But it is great to know that detail first.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
V164
Back