Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My GT3 on the Evo Triangle - Go Pro Video HD

freddie44

After my little write up on my 1st road trip to North Wales in the GT3 I thought I'd share a very quickly put together video showing the two interesting sides of the famous Evo Triangle. It will be incredibly boring for 99% of you but might interest one or two or may not have seen the terrain.

My main problem creating a video is the fact I decided to enjoy my weekend driving my car rather than actually film much of it. This therefore means very little footage. I've started to see why the car mags have a drivo journo and a film maker too... doing both = bit of a nightmare.

Hope you enjoy it anyway:

http://youtu.be/hHxa95hyB5E

:)

Good clip.

Did the camera fall off when you opened the door at the end? :lol:

Fantastic roads aren't they? I've got family around there and I never tire of hooning about. 8)

That part of North wales is on my door step. I did the same in May this year - the two B roads are amazing from Mold down to Cerigididrion and ceri to Denbigh. I then went across the coast road A55 joining it at St Asaph and then East along the A55 to Chester and then A51 back via Middlewich and Winsford.

You had a good clear route - that pat is notorious for laser camers inside parked up horse boxes on the side of the road.

Looks like you stuck to the speed limits - sensible. I managed to plcuk up the courage for the odd sprint up to 80-90 but rest of time kept it to under 70 indicated on the dash. The villages are bad - speeding is very risky - I stuck to a crawl through the villages at 25-30mph.

BillTheButcher said:
:)

Good clip.

Did the camera fall off when you opened the door at the end? :lol:

Fantastic roads aren't they? I've got family around there and I never tire of hooning about. 8)

So much fun and yes it was my 'out takes' bit at the end. ha :)

cheshire911 said:
That part of North wales is on my door step. I did the same in May this year - the two B roads are amazing from Mold down to Cerigididrion and ceri to Denbigh. I then went across the coast road A55 joining it at St Asaph and then East along the A55 to Chester and then A51 back via Middlewich and Winsford.

You had a good clear route - that pat is notorious for laser camers inside parked up horse boxes on the side of the road.

Looks like you stuck to the speed limits - sensible. I managed to plcuk up the courage for the odd sprint up to 80-90 but rest of time kept it to under 70 indicated on the dash. The villages are bad - speeding is very risky - I stuck to a crawl through the villages at 25-30mph.

Lasers in horse boxes doesn't sound fair :cop: :dont know:

Open your eyes and when the roads are clear, enjoy ....... That's what these cars were made for :thumb:

Sym322 said:
Open your eyes and when the roads are clear, enjoy ....... That's what these cars were made for :thumb:

True :)

When you see nothing ahead or behind you, it is good to release the tiger in the engine! The horse boxes is absolutely true - by the time you see it the laser has already got you - the laser gun is on a tripod inside the horse box and just peeking out from the top opening - very well camouflaged.

Another danger is an unmarked police motorcycle with video recording in the panniers. The helmet and jacket is only marked "Police" on the reverse in smaller lettering than usual. The helmet lacks the black and white checks along the jaw line and the rear of the full face helmet.

Take care and enjoy!

A little unfair......... :dont know:

Attachments

• image_970.jpg
    image_970.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 180
cheshire911 said:
When you see nothing ahead or behind you, it is good to release the tiger in the engine! The horse boxes is absolutely true - by the time you see it the laser has already got you - the laser gun is on a tripod inside the horse box and just peeking out from the top opening - very well camouflaged.

Another danger is an unmarked police motorcycle with video recording in the panniers. The helmet and jacket is only marked "Police" on the reverse in smaller lettering than usual. The helmet lacks the black and white checks along the jaw line and the rear of the full face helmet.

Take care and enjoy!

I have to say I didn't see a single camera or police officer in the whole of Wales. No worries, get out there and enjoy :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YJY
Back