Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my first 911

k99mn

so Friday saw me take delivery of my first 911 a stunning 996 convertible in a colour i first thought was black but having drooled all weekend now not too sure whatever it is it's bloody gorgeous!! i cant stop driving it, i would never take my Boxster s out if it was wet but i've driven the 996 all weekend and just love it!! still have the Boxster s !!!! anyway just one query the car has a full main dealer service history serviced every year from new last done in June this year but when the car has been driven especially if rather quickly it smells oily when stopped, my neighbour who has a 3.2 carrera says this is normal, my Boxster never did and this one is spotlessly clean underneath and in the engine bay, so is this normal?

I get exactly the same thing with my 996 C4S. It just kind of smells hot sometimes. I'd put it down to the engine and exhaust being so close to each other and assumed it was normal.

Everyone elses the same?

k99mn said:
... but when the car has been driven especially if rather quickly it smells oily when stopped ...

Oh, dear. Did nobody warn you about this? It's almost certainly a sign of imminent IMS bearing failure, bore-scoring or, if not either of these, paranoia.

My 03 4S with 58k doesn't smell oily ever! Investigate further :cop:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back