Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My first 911 Project - Gen 1 Zenith Blue C2 Aero

matimcfet

Morning all, new member here and a newbie to 911 ownership altogether.
Having come from VWs/Audi's but with a Dad thats into his Porsche's it was inevitable eventually that I would cross over into Porsche ownership.

Either way here is the new car. Its a 1999 (T reg) Carrera 2 in the desirable and fairly unusual Zenith Blue. Its a 6spd manual box with sport seats, no sunroof and an aero kit.... Exactly what I wanted.

The car has been near enough laid up for 6 years covering about 1500 miles in the last half decade. I bought it on 50k last week and it now sits on 52k. Fair to say that any cracks that were hiding have definitely shown their face. I bought the car without test driving it and have since driven it over to the Nurburgring and then on back to where it came from, Stuttgart (Germany)

She managed the trip absolutely fine and I will be documenting this aswell as the project/build on here (if I can keep it up).

Like I said, new to Porsche ownership, bound to get some things wrong. But all advice or constructive criticism welcome. Any help anybody can offer with parts/services would be much appreciated.

Photos of the new car below :)9b9673d4_a6fc_48b3_9417_eaee1f83ce28_266.jpeg7edbcd18_e933_44ce_9fad_4245567f243d_826.jpeg9784b125_7d6f_483b_badd_c1c0f316d346_212.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds a fantastic 911 (996.1 C2 manual aero) but then I'm biased :grin: and love the colour .. :thumb:

Look forward to seeing updates and enjoy Porsche ownership - you'll be hooked now (gets under your skin) :grin:

:thumbs:

:welcome: to 911uk

Great intro and pics. :thumbs:

Welcome and it looks really good!

adamw said:
Sounds a fantastic 911 (996.1 C2 manual aero) but then I'm biased :grin: and love the colour .. :thumb:

Look forward to seeing updates and enjoy Porsche ownership - you'll be hooked now (gets under your skin) :grin:

:thumbs:

Thanks mate, hooked already after such a short ownership. Extremely rewarding to drive and just enough power to put a smile on your face, but not enough to be scary fast. Great balance. Ill do you a swap, would have loved mine 10x more if it was Black!

What a lovely colour
Nice purchase fella

Thanks for all the welcome messages, I must say its quite impressive how active this forum seems to be! It seems most other forums have migrated to Facebook so its refreshing to see so many people posting on here.

Anyway if anybody has some suggestions on 'must do' maintenance or modifications then please fee free to drop a comment. I will update with a list of to do's and niggles with the car shortly that I plan to tackle.

My original post had links to my Instagram + YouTube which will be documenting this project but due to forum rules these links have been removed. Please search the use names below and follow/subscribe to keep up to date!

YouTube: Mati Mcfetridge
Instagram: mati_mcfetridge

wellsy said:
Welcome and congratulations on picking up what looks to be a great example. You have good taste (fellow 996.1 aero owner :D )

Had a read through your thread before starting mine! Lovely car you have, was white PTS back then?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NBavers
Back