Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My Car at OPC Swindon 911_50 Celebration This Weekend

dommorton

Zandvoort
A couple of weeks back my friendly local OPC in Swindon asked if they could possibly borrow my 4S for display during their 911_50 celebration open weekend.

The aim was to demonstrate the key models through the years, so their guests could see the evolution, whilst also appreciating the gradual but significant changes made.

Of course I agreed, as I am always up for allowing others to enjoy looking at the car where possible.

They were so impressed with the car that they gave it centre stage under the bright lights of the showroom along side it's GT racer brother 8)

Even if I do say so myself it looks so bloody lovely and totally at home there. I almost feel like donating it to them just so I can pop along and enjoy looking at it under that lighting some more :oops:

Apologies that my sub par photography skills don't really do it justice :nooo:

The car is there both today and tomorrow, along side some other very special and rare 911's. If you live locally you should pop along and check it out for yourself.

OPCOpenDay4_zps133553cb.jpg

OPCOpenDay5_zpscbe72eed.jpg

OPCOpenDay3_zpsac295fe4.jpg

OPCOpenDay2_zps39b4052d.jpg

OPCOpenDay6_zps778d2c68.jpg

OPCOpenDay1_zps069de20f.jpg

The Monster :thumbs:

This thing is crazy mint. Looks completely unused (this was friday before the cars were positioned, hence not in the line up seen above)

Monster_zps22f08bf6.jpg

Sorry about this little fella being in the 993 section but I had to include him :worship:

Kermit_zps56696bd3.jpg

Jcx said:
Looks fab. Nice to see a red 964 in there too :)

Looked quite tidy and very original too :thumb:

Jcx said:
dommorton said:
Jcx said:

Original is good :)

Well as you can see from the standard state of mine I totally agree. Much as a modded 964 can be a lovely thing, it's nice to see a good one still wearing it's D90's once in a while.

Thats so cool, makes me feel like driving to the other end of the country to have a look :thumb:

dommorton said:
Jcx said:
dommorton said:
Jcx said:

Original is good :)

Well as you can see from the standard state of mine I totally agree. Much as a modded 964 can be a lovely thing, it's nice to see a good one still wearing it's D90's once in a while.

...or original cup 1s :)

It's great to see a dealer embracing the older cars. They've always got a brace of old air cooled cars in for work when I visit, and almost all the staff are enthusiastic about them.

As part of this weekends display in addition to the 993's in the showroom, they also have a bunch in the workshop area in various states of progress. Included in that are 3 993's all in the air on ramps. There's a black turbo sans its front PU and rear strip in progress, an Arctic C2S tip having oils changed, and an Aventura nb.

Well worth a poke around if you have an hour spare and live locally.

As a little thank you they let me take a 991 4S for a drive. Lovely piece of kit I must say. Would love that as my daily 8) not likely at 90 odd grand though :nooo:

Never been one for WB cars, particularly not in arctic. Nice and clean though. No denying that :sad:

mohitos said:
Never been one for WB cars, particularly not in arctic. Nice and clean though. No denying that :sad:

Not a fan of black (full) leather interiors either I'm guessing :thumb:

Wel done mate, looks quite at home in their showroom :thumb:

Did you let the OPC prepare the car or insist that you did the polishing yourself.

Just beautiful... :worship:
I am starting to think about looking for an aircooled 911 to sit along side my 996.

Dom B said:
Wel done mate, looks quite at home in their showroom :thumb:

Did you let the OPC prepare the car or insist that you did the polishing yourself.

What do you reckon? :grin:

"Centre stage" or "Just middling"?

Surely the PR bods assumed putting the new 991 (the one they actually still sell, and presumably the justification for all the hullabaloo) fully "stage right" was meant to imply its status as the absolute pinnacle of automotive beauty and technological evolution?

Not that is was on its way out to the bins?

Personally, I'd go with your assessment :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlfaMax1996
Back