Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

my 996 Turbo, 6 weeks in :)

Tarquin

Thought i had better post some pictures as im 6 weeks in, loving it other than the aero lip which ive scapped about 5 times so far. Not sure whats best to do about it yet. Rattles and squeaks are a little annoying so ive bought a roll of felt tape and im planning to take the interior apart and put it back together again as it looks pretty simple to remove and hunt for the offending items. When i do it i will take photos of where i have put all the tape and will let you know what worked and what made no difference. Mechanically which is far more important its faultless :)

Attachments

• car2_104.jpg
    car2_104.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 3,334
  • car1_202.jpg
    car1_202.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 3,334
:welcome: a great car ..... and good luck hunting down those rattles

:thumb:

I recall our 'conversations' around Christmas time. At that time neither of us thought we'd be in Turbos within the next 6 months.

I'm nearly 3 months in now and haven't stopped :D yet.

Yours looks great but I wouldn't want to be the one keeping it looking so clean. :worship:

Looks good mate, enjoy! :thumb:

Did that come from RPM?
I agree squeaks and rattles are annoying! I'm surprised it does squeaks and rattle as much as it does but glad it isn't just mine!
How do you find the gearbox and clutch to use?
Mine isn't that clean either. I might clean it tomorrow we shall see.

I thinks that's the same one that I was interested in at a dealers in Norwich..
I dithered and next thing the car was at rpm with the obligatory few grand extra on its back...apologises if its not the same car.

kas750 said:
I thinks that's the same one that I was interested in at a dealers in Norwich..
I dithered and next thing the car was at rpm with the obligatory few grand extra on its back...apologises if its not the same car.

If it is that car (black with carbon bits),I enquired when it came up as a private sale in Cleethorpes (at 21k). Vendor wasn't happy to take it to 911 sport for a PPI so I passed. Oddly the cobalt manual car rpm have also seems to have come from the same private owner.
I suppose he had 2. Which is odd.

Its not the one out of RPM, I did go and look at that one but it sold. Mine was out of RSJ and its a tip not a manual. Oh and its nothing like as clean as that at the moment.
:nooo:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DocGastro
Back