Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My 991 GTS - First ever Porsche, the 'Dreaded Friday car'

The OPC will do everything imaginable to persuade you to keep this car. The last thing they'd want is to have to take it into used stock due to the massive list of options fitted, they'd lose a fortune on it as a used sale. This is a likely reason they are playing hardball with you. Stick to your guns, I'd reject it, too, it should be perfect from day one. I'd expect a new £15k Toyota Yaris to be perfect and blemish free, let alone a £135k Porsche. Ask them/Porsche GB to arrange for a tech from Porsche GB to examine the car, and take a test drive with you present to ID the noises and examine the paint faults. Good luck with it all. :thumb:

Friday car. Reject it asap in writing.
The cruise thing n the loaners is odd, as mine set to 30mph no problem.
Only issue with mine has been a squeaky sunroof when open, fixed under warranty. A couple of trim speaks from the dash area under certain temperature conditions, but rare enough not to be an annoyance.

H2009, sorry to hear about all your problems.

Picked a new C4S just over 12 months ago.

Have some minor "cork screw" marks in the paint caused by the factory and spotted by my detailer. In addition, depending on the weather conditions, a slight creak from around the binnacle area. Have not taken my dealership to task about either issue. So in absolute terms, not the absolutely perfect car, but not worth letting the dealer try to "fix" it as probably more trouble than it's worth.

Hope you reach a satisfactory conclusion with your OPC on your issues.

If you reject it do not drive it anymore under any circumstances and ask them for a courtesy car and leave it at the OPC

Tough decision but once done you will feel better as the law is on your side.

If you paid a deposit on your CC you can raise a dispute with your CC provider within 6 months of the card being charged.

Always be clear about what you want.....refund or another car.

Update - 06.05.15
I went to the dealership to retest the car, but due to the strong headwinds it would have been unfair to the test for the wind noise issue. However, me and the tech did use the ACC and it was behaving badly.
If you read the manual the ACC part states - basically never use it! Which is utterly pointless and a 'get out of jail card' for Porsche.

My car was detecting cars which weren't in front whilst driving down the motorway (admittedly it was happening more as the motor veered to the right of the road).
Also at one point (as mentioned in my first post) the car just 'raced' towards a stationary car infront on some traffic lights. The car did give the warning about about braking at the last second but of course I had to apply the brakes to stop it.

So another trip up to the dealership to confirm the car isn't how it should be. PGB have been informed and the dealership is awaiting technical guidance on the matter at the moment.

----

IF anyone here has ACC could you let me know how you find it and have you driven any other brands with it?
All my other cars have it and every hire car on holiday has had it as well so I'm 'well experienced in expected behaviour'.

----

Ask for a full refund and get your money back. Do not accept anything less. Use the template above and bring a swift conclusion to the matter. £135k for a complete lemon.

Find another marque. Porsche are on the whole average nowadays. Only their older cars still interest me.

IMI A said:
Ask for a full refund and get your money back. Do not accept anything less. Use the template above and bring a swift conclusion to the matter. £135k for a complete lemon.

Find another marque. Porsche are on the whole average nowadays. Only their older cars still interest me.

On the whole average?
Considering the 991 GT3 won car of the year in most magazines and the Boxster + Cayman usually win their prospective catorgories that's really quite a statement!

carkid said:
IMI A said:

On the whole average?
Considering the 991 GT3 won car of the year in most magazines and the Boxster + Cayman usually win their prospective catorgories that's really quite a statement!

Try buying a GT4 or GT3 or Gt3 RS. As i said completely average.

IMI A said:

Suits me. But then I suppose I'm just an average guy :thumb:

IMI A said:
carkid said:
IMI A said:

On the whole average?

Try buying a GT4 or GT3 or Gt3 RS. As i said completely average.

Brilliant idea, hand back the GTS, pay the difference and get them to provide you an RS slot. Mutually beneficial. They keep your money and you get what, by all accounts, is going to be one hell of a bit of kit.

Hmmm, that sucks. It's also my first Porshce and I have to say I've had more issues with mine that I had expected from a supposed top end marque, but nothing to the level of yours...

My issues have been:
  • Defective paint pass side rear wheel arch - required a respray
    Speed limit indicator went AWOL - took 4 months to sort as they kept blaming a rain repellent on the windscreen
    Loose trim under the bonnet (took 3 visits to address due to stupidity)
    Sunroof rattles - they never did sort them, I resolved it myself by treating the rubbers with some careful application of GUMMI PFLEGE STIFT as recommended on a forum.
    Interior rattles - again no resolution
    Fluff/hiccup on light power application - they all do that sir
None of the above is really a show stopper, but my OPC seems to be utterly hopeless. We've been round in circles on several issues as they seem incapable of maintaining context across multiple visits. I also cant drop off before 8:30am, then they generally make me sit and wait for half an hour before serving me so I end up late for work despite getting there at the earliest possible drop off time.

My latest issue is that they scratched the driver side foot well fusebox cover and when I looked closely I noticed that the carpet surround was also not fitted properly to the panel is hanging in free space. Looks to me like someone just pulled the fuse box cover off without bothering to ensure the carpet didn't come too.

Naturally they denied any knowledge of working in that area, but agreed to come to my home to address to resolve it. Except the technician didn't turn up on time. No doubt they will default back to me needing to take the car to them... meaning more wasted time and frustration.

They are doing a good job of spoiling the entire 911 ownership experience for me despite me resolving to not let it get to me!

[/quote]

On the whole average?
Considering the 991 GT3 won car of the year in most magazines and the Boxster + Cayman usually win their prospective catorgories that's really quite a statement![/quote]

Try buying a GT4 or GT3 or Gt3 RS. As i said completely average.[/quote]

The bog standard Boxster, Cayman S, 991C4S all get a 5 star rating in Evo magazine. If Porsche are 'on the whole average' God knows how crap other manufactures must be.......

With total due respect and sincerity , imo go see a lawyer and pay for 30 minutes consultation. You may even get a free letter out of them to the opc and pgb.

I do empathise and its most shocking the opc has treated you and the car so poorly.

The opc are not going to rollover and refund or replace the car due to the variuos reasons already posted, so you need to get harder than them with a decent legal team on the front line.

i wish you all the best with this friday 4.59pm produced car .

Sorry double post

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JimmyMartin
Back