Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Music to clean a 911 to...

pneumatic

Spent a couple of hours on the car yesterday and decided that Thin Lizzy, Whiskey in the Jar, got the best polishing results.

I'm sure there's probably no scientific correlation between your favorite track and the finish on your pride and joy, but what a great time to listen to great music.

Other great cleaning/polishing tracks to sing along to:

ZZ Top, Sharp Dressed Man

Queen, 7 Seas of Rhye

Lynyrd Skynyrd, Sweet Home Alabama

Blue Oyster Cult, Don't Fear The Reaper

Black Crowes, Hard To Handle

Maybe I'm just showing my age! Anybody else got favorite carrera cleaning tracks?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37674

Coincedence or just plain weird, apart from the Black Crowes all the above tracks are among my favourite too.

Going off topic a little, when Mrs P was on holiday with her mum in Uganda last year. There was a 993 owner in the group, who also had the 12" single "Blue Monday" as I do myself, very strange or does it say something about 993 owners and their musical tastes or is it just an age group thing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37679

Don't you find that when you're listening and washing the interior gets all wet?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37684

Given the number of times "Blue Monday" was released I would be amazed at meeting someone who didn't have the 12" version.

Of course any young wipper snappers will not know what a 12" is.

S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37692

I do know what a 12" is and even have a couple but not one of the aforementioned.

Music for me to clean to........mostly Ministry of Sound or the radio.........or better yet, listening inside the house while getting my Dad to clean it for me :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37694

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by supersport on 14 November 2005

Given the number of times "Blue Monday" was released I would be amazed at meeting someone who didn't have the 12" version.

Of course any young wipper snappers will not know what a 12" is.

S

ahhhhhhhh but not many will still have the original 12" release of it from 83.............to me the 88 version is poor

Migration info. Legacy thread was 37702

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macca2000
Back