Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mothers products

Russell Fryett

Hi everyone,

Newbie here; thought I'd like to introduce myself with a new topic - not looking to inflame, but inform . I have a 996 Turbo in basalt black which obviously only a car-cleaning nut can fully appreciate :)

I realise that there is a strong following for Zymol stuff here and I have used those products for a couple of years myself (bought a briefcase set even, with the Titanum wax) with good results. HOWEVER, the temperature limit got to be quite a pain through the long winter months and I tried MOTHERS' Wax and Top Coat .

The results have been spectacularly good. At least as good a finish as the zymol and for a lot less money, with few complications regarding application. The killer combination was HD cleanse with the Mothers wax and Top Coat (Top Coat gives extra lustre to any wax, so maybe that on top of a zymol wax would be awesome). The shine lasted for quite some time, too; at least 2 months at full intensity.

I am not criticising Zymol, but Mothers is a good way to get through the winter months, I think.

Thanks for your time and tips from previous topics.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35013

Mothers is an American product is it not?.....but i've also read in the classic car mags that its highly regarded too

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35037

Interesting. Never heard of Mother's. (I thought you were going to recommend baby bath for cleaning...) Where's it available from??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35038

think its mail-order only.........can't remember what mag it was mentioned in tho

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35040

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxy M on 07 October 2005

Interesting. Never heard of Mother's. Where's it available from??
were you a test tube child ? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35053

It's all down to the punctuation Sundeep. Now stop acting the mother... :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35062

Mothers stuff was bought from

http://www.motherswax.co.uk/

Very quick and easy and pretty cheap for such good results!

btw I put their Top Coat product on my alloys and they look FANTASTIC and the brake dust comes off more easily too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 35127

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hetryx
Back