Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Momo Heritage Gear Knob

SpeedChimp

I'm planning on doing a few interior modifications to my 996. I'd really like to fit this momo gear knob, but not sure how I would go about fitting to the shifter lever which is flat in profile. Are there any adaptors, or any tips to get this to work? Would like to keep original gear knob so I can go back to OEM if I decide to do so.

This is the gear knob:

https://momo-uk.co.uk/momo-targa-heritage-gear-knob

I think you'll have to cut you gear knob off and just tuck the gaiter down.
From memory these have an Allen key to tighten :thumb:

Lee Sibs just fitted a similar one to his irish green 996, video is somewhere on YT. It looked a bit naff to me... racing heritage though :oops:

Slightly different approach however I used a snooker ball and cut a slot in it, pressure fit onto the shaft. Very inexpensive and a delight to use.

The leather gaiter is cut off the old knob and folded down and cable tied in place.

Attachments

• screenshot_20210701_202246~2_934.png
    screenshot_20210701_202246~2_934.png
    2 MB · Views: 1,379
Like that steering wheel.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkang79
Back