Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Modified Porsche meet

HSC911

Sebring
Hi all,

I have always wanted to arrange a Porsche car meet and I am getting the wheels in motion for something in 2022 hopefully.

In the meantime, I will tag onto whatever show I can, hence this post :thumbs:

I met one of the organiser's of the famous VW show, Edition 38 :rocker:

Me and the boy went to Early Edition a few weeks ago and there were about 15-20 Porsches there, even on here there are a lot of grown up Veedubbers who have naturally evolved from VW to Porsche:

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123096

After a very long conversation I have provisionally reserved an area for modified Porsches on the Sunday (5th September 2021).

The cars will be part of the show so I would need to know numbers ideally so please do get in touch, bring a friend or 3 if they have a non standard car too :worship:

Check out #earlyedition on Instagram and you'll see a small selection of the Porsches that were at the show.

I'm sure I've missed loads so will update as and when, more info here:

https://edition38.com/events/18

:thumb:

I'm in.

MC

Been to a few ED38s back in the day. Slept in my mate's G60, took it to 'Show n Shine' and he got silver in whatever category it was. Was funny, the guy inspecting found a bucket with sausages and a lot of empty bottles in the boot...

"Erm, was this car slept in last night?"

With regard to this event, how modified is modified?

Wowzers, that looks nice! Not sure my 986 would hold up beside that! Less I market it as the 'Rat Look' :lol:

I've got a DSCv1 fitted. Does that count. :?:

Totally! My understanding is aftermarket dust caps are enough to be considered compliant :lol:

I am tempted by this, just my car is a bit rough the edges compared, especially when situated in a 'scene' situation where every car there is spotless.

Nice work Jin, I think there's a good few of us from the VW scene, ED38 is always a great show, I'd of been up for it if I wasn't already going to the Porsche Festival at Brands Hatch.

jezgreen911 said:
Nice work Jin, I think there's a good few of us from the VW scene, ED38 is always a great show, I'd of been up for it if I wasn't already going to the Porsche Festival at Brands Hatch.

Oh sh!t :roll:

Amateur mistake number 1, check the diary :terms:

I can change this to the Saturday as it's still changeable, would make sense but Sunday is always the busiest day at most shows.

Will see what the general consensus is :thumb:

T8 said:
I've got a DSCv1 fitted. Does that count. :?:

:roll:

Mod's...sort this guy out please :grin:

You can borrow an aero wing or something from me for the day :wink:

:thumb:

The return of Marty Wild said:
Totally! My understanding is aftermarket dust caps are enough to be considered compliant :lol:

I am tempted by this, just my car is a bit rough the edges compared, especially when situated in a 'scene' situation where every car there is spotless.

Please do try to make it, there are lots of sticker stalls there too...

s-l500.jpg

:grin:

Got a couple of mates out of Pork at the moment, one has a mkV R32 having sold his superb 996.2 GT3 and another sold his 964 and amongst other things has a Golf mkV Pirelli. So have asked them if they want to come down.

Where will this be ?

I should be cool for this, hopefully the 996 will be all ready by then ill check dates with Chelle.
I've been to edition38 for years, even have a few trophies from my vag days :lol:
Always a good show and cars to a very high standard 8)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malaking
Back