Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Minor Service Tips and Advice

Jam911

We are due a minor service soon and I expect to pay:

Minor Service at my OPC - £480

Brake Fluid Change - £150

Drive Belt Change - £?

Oil Change - £?

Can anyone tell me if there are any other hidden extras I should expect to factor in please?

The cost of the oil & filter change is included within the cost of the minor service.

There will be no 'hidden extras' as the servicing is 'menu priced'.

However, if you study the invoice afterwards you will realise how much they charged you per litre for the oil and for screenwash. :eek:

They'll phone you regarding anything else that they deem needs doing and give you a price to do it.

Take your own oil along, that will save you a good few pounds. The drive belt is so easy to change yourself!
:thumb:

michelin said:
Take your own oil along, that will save you a good few pounds.

£135 (minus whatever you paid for the oil)

I had the drive belt replaced on my '03, C4S at my local OPC in February, cost including VAT £42.

michelin said:
Take your own oil along, that will save you a good few pounds. The drive belt is so easy to change yourself!
:thumb:

What oil do Porsche use and where is the best place to buy it?

Hartech recommended I use "Millers CFS 10W50 Nano oil". You can get it from them if you like. I just searched for it online.

-AP

So is the oil included in the fixed service price ?

Jam911 said:
So is the oil included in the fixed service price ?

Yes it's included in the fixed price. If you take your own then they deduct the cost of oil from the fixed service price.

scottuk said:
I had the drive belt replaced on my '03, C4S at my local OPC in February, cost including VAT £42.

I assume that's just the belt not the labour?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7CUU
Back