Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Milltek 'Cup' silencer experiences?

Interference Fit

Silverstone
I'm considering these and wondered if anyone has them fitted and can comment on the overall noise level for both interior and exterior, and if there is any drone at any specific rpms?

Last edited:
I have Miltek cat back silencers, not sure if they're the "Cup" type or older "Sport" silencers. They are louder and give a lovely growl at higher revs, no droning noises that I've noticed. I also have a PSR 9-Line resonator delete kit too, which made things a bit throatier.

I can still drive around at low revs and not attract attention, but when out on open B-Roads, they come into their own.

I have had Milltek cup silencers (same part no. as in Interference Fit's link above) on my 996.1 C2 for four years. No drone or NVH in the cabin. They are the type of exhaust which you can regulate the amount of exhaust / exterior sound with the throttle pedal. They make a glorious sound when pressing on but are otherwise unobtrusive around town on a low throttle. I chose these since they sound like how a flat 6 sports car should, and not silent or a bag of spanners. Good quality fit and are resisting corrosion. Absolutely no regrets :).

I also have these back boxes with the standard cats/manifolds. They are gorgeous. No drone on motorways or around town but over 4k they sound wild. At a recent event my car hit 103db... at 60% throttle... gulp

I have had Milltek cup silencers (same part no. as in Interference Fit's link above) on my 996.1 C2 for four years. No drone or NVH in the cabin. They are the type of exhaust which you can regulate the amount of exhaust / exterior sound with the throttle pedal. They make a glorious sound when pressing on but are otherwise unobtrusive around town on a low throttle. I chose these since they sound like how a flat 6 sports car should, and not silent or a bag of spanners. Good quality fit and are resisting corrosion. Absolutely no regrets :).
Brilliant, I think I'll try a set, thanks.

My Top gear Sports silencers sound amazing, but are just a bit too loud for me at this stage of the game, especially as I live in a quiet cul-de-sac full of pensioners who I have a good relationship with that I don't want to damage.

Here is a very short clip of mine between 2k and 4k to give an idea. Sounds great, but just too much volume and drone.

View attachment TGSound.MOV

Last edited:
I also have these back boxes with the standard cats/manifolds. They are gorgeous. No drone on motorways or around town but over 4k they sound wild. At a recent event my car hit 103db... at 60% throttle... gulp
Brilliant, thanks.

Any deals to be had on these or is the price the price no matter where from?

I've ordered Millteks and will report findings.

For anyone interested, I've listed the Top Gear Sports silencers in the for sale section - they're in mint condition with only a few thousand miles on them as per below, once I'd given them a wipe over....

1719468917363.png

Last edited:
This Youtube video gives a good idea of the sound of the Milteks.

This Youtube video gives a good idea of the sound of the Milteks.

Thanks, I did see that and it helped cement my decision.
They key bit is that enough people have confirmed they do not drone in the cabin which is another important factor for me, as having to turn up the wireless too loud to properly hear 'The Archers' diminishes the soporific and soothing experience.

Fair play, that's what I call fast delivery!!!

1719561257224.png

Now I have a terrible dilemma - fit these or carry on with my spoiler molding project!?

I go for 'ask the audience'.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matthewberden
Back