Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Metal strap around exhaust

linners

Trainee
Guys

While I had the bumper off, I noticed that there was a metal strap flapping around under the drivers side exhaust
Was a b@st@rd to retrieve the longer of the 2 pieces (the break is bottom left of the pic) but I got there in the end
I sheared a couple of the allen bolts heads off in the process :wall:
What does the strap do exactly because the exhaust is on solid.....? It doesn't seem to be attached to anything on the chassis. The other side is ok

Attachments

• img_4240_179.jpg
    img_4240_179.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 991
  • img_4239_122.jpg
    img_4239_122.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 991
It is fixed to the engine brace bar and as such is added support for the silencer .. it also clamps the heat shield on to a degree .. vibration causes noises .

I would replace them rather than leaving them off due to the added stress at the exhaust system each end .

deMort said:
It is fixed to the engine brace bar and as such is added support for the silencer .. it also clamps the heat shield on to a degree .. vibration causes noises .

I would replace them rather than leaving them off due to the added stress at the exhaust system each end .

Thanks as ever deMort :worship:
What's it called? (so I know what to look for)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JCGMS
Back