Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Making a Insurance claim

DPJenkinson

Monza
Anybody got some advice on the following. Taking my daughter to school yesterday I went into the back of a BMW in my wifes car. On her policy I am a named driver 2 years unprotected no claims and fully comp covered.

I have had to notify the insurer but need to know how will this effect the premium on my Porsche. Its fully comprehensive full no claims bonus and its protected.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15351

It will definitely affect your premium. Here's how I see it.

Your NCD discount % won't be affected because I am assuming it is your wife who will have to claim on her policy. As her NCD is protected, hers won't be affected either although she will "lose a life". However

Your premium = Base Premium * NCD discount %

But Base premium depends, among other things, on your history of accidents in the past. So you will get the same discount percentage but you will be starting from a higher base. Sorry for the bad news but hope this helps!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15364

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back