Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Major Service due soon...997.2

SJB

Hi All,

Car due for a major service soon.... Miles covered 7.5k !

My local OPC is East London.....I was thinking of switching OPC to Byfleet ..because of the good feedback on this forum :wink: ......I had a recall on the fuel pump, but never dealt with it has the car's running sweet ...so that needs looking at as we'll ....and MOT due.... I was thinking of taking my own oil ...
Anything else I need to know ...and any tips ..

Oh I think the spark plugs will need changing .... Is it ok to ask for the old ones back ?

Thanks ..

OPC Byfleet have a good reputation to sort out all your needs

If it's a Major Service you'll probably need your Spark Plugs (every 4yrs) + Brake Fluid (every 2yrs) changed at the same time.

As for MOT, ensure its done onsite and not farmed out. I'm sure it's the former.

I'd imagine they'd give you the spark plugs back but what would you do with them? don't tell me sell them used on eBay! :wink:

....rang Byfleet OPC....was't over whelmed ...with the offering ....also they said they would have to charge me £10 per day .... For the courtesy car ....wait yr gone love this .....for ford fiesta !! :floor: .... I think I'm gone stick with OPC East London ...at least they will let me have 991 for a couple of days !

I thought about taking my own supply of oil. OPC price matched and did just did the whole thing with them.

Worth checking.

SJB said:
....rang Byfleet OPC....was't over whelmed ...with the offering ....also they said they would have to charge me £10 per day .... For the courtesy car ....wait yr gone love this .....for ford fiesta !! :floor: .... I think I'm gone stick with OPC East London ...at least they will let me have 991 for a couple of days !
But if they were £50 cheaper on the service you'd still be better off ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tone_Loc
Back