Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lurvly 993 for sale and seems great value - no affiliation

carkid said:
If the general consensus is that pre V is just as good as varioram why does the market as a whole favour varioram cars and they fetch a premium?

Because one is a work of art, and one isn't:

P1060419.jpg

sstp-1201-04%2Broyal-montegobay-porsche-911-993%2Bengine.jpg

... the VR is also a mere mortal's little homage to the halo RS (given that is where the induction tech is inherited from) :worship:

porsche-c00-lhd-993rs.jpg

Because one is a work of art, and one isn't:

Ah then it should reside in a museum (garage) and not be driven ....... cough ...... er ...... no names no pack drill ........ :floor:

;)

Love the way GT4 posts the two cleanest pics ever taken of a Varioram's engine bay and then posts the shi**iest pic of a non-vario... :floor:

All that extra engine bay tinware just looks like extra weight to me... :grin:

C.

All that extra weight makes not iota of difference if you don't drive the thing ......... lol ........ :floor:

p.s. Paul ....... have you sold it yet ....... :?:

I've hung it on the wall with the decklid open.

cableguy said:
Love the way GT4 posts the two cleanest pics ever taken of a Varioram's engine bay and then posts the shi**iest pic of a non-vario... :floor:

All that extra engine bay tinware just looks like extra weight to me... :grin:

C.

Perhaps that just correlates with the non-VR being used more :dont know:

You do know the second pic is actually the RS? (thus fairly unlikely to be a commuter car, highly likely to be prepped properly, and less likely that its photo is on the internet as the owner wants to know where the cable hanging off the back of the grolling flange is meant to go)

I am always having problems with my grolling flange ........ it's a real pain in the butt ....... :(

In truth, they were just the first high res images of respective non-VR/VR that Google Images returned for "993 engine" search terms.

(and likewise for the "993 RS" search terms for its engine pic)

... perhaps google is trying to tell us something :?:

jonttt said:
Now that does look good in the pics and great price.........Zingari will pull it to pieces in a minute :hand:

:hand: Priced (at the agreed price) about right for a dealer :grin: Done its dough at 32 bags though in my eyes.

There has been lots of criticism about this car to 'diss it' clearly because of the price, as the Illuminati believe 993 cars that are decent are 40+ bags. :floor:

So firstly we've got the Illuminati saying its shoite because it's not a varioram, and secondly because it's missed two years of servicing. :roll:

The first issue has been debated and correctly makes neglible difference on values as it's all about condition. Secondly, I believe the service programme for these cars was every 12k miles not annually (whichever is soonest etc). The annual requirement was only added later when Porsche realised they were losing money :roll:

Unit11 know their onions (and air-cooled as jonttt is a customer :roll: ) so I would expect it to be in fine fettle engine/transmssion/running gear wise. A longstanding owner which confirms my assessment that long ownership has an impact on upkeep when through lack of use owners may be less inclined to shell out for an annual service.

The advert is honest regards to paint and the interior looks to have been refreshed (possibly by the leather unit near Unit 11).

Whoever has bought it should be very pleased. My money is on jonttt buying it as a spare :dont know:

Outlander... Have you dipped your toe in the Holy 993 Water again...?

C.

HPNer said:
anawaz said:
every slate grey 993 i've come across has been pre-vario, such a shame as its a great colour imo.
What's all this tosh about it being a shame that its pre-vario . . . :dont know:
At least you're guaranteed of getting the G21 shorter ratio box. :thumb: It feels a somewhat cammier engine, which simply loves to ping from 4k rpm to the redline. Put an RS LWF in the thing and its perfect for everyday use.
Can't for the life of me think why that would put anyone off . . . :bandit:

Bad wording on my part :hand: What I meant was its a 'shame' slate grey seemed to have been discontinued following the introduction of VR models, and just for the record i'd love to experience and perhaps even own a pre-vario one day.

Another big fan of the 993 pre-varioram kick in the higher revs, think I prefer it to what feels a more linear power curve of my 964 :thumb:

I'm getting worried.

When I first saw this advert I found myself really wishing it was a Tiptronic. If it was I hate to think what I'd have done :eek:

I've always admired the looks of the 993 and marvel at just how well they go but this is the first time I've ever found myself even thinking of buying one.

I think it must be the colour :dont know:

C4 tiptronics in slate grey does sound very nice, all manual though I'm afraid.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoxsterBE2024
Back