Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lurvly 993 for sale and seems great value - no affiliation

Outlander

Silverstone
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322139784985

Don't know the car or seller, but I reckon this is pretty much my idea NB car, with the possible exception of the wheels.

Ok, it's been relatively busy, but seems well looked after.

Surely good value at £35k? Not sure how it stacks up in the eyes of the illuminati in respect of mileage, not sure it would bother me. If it could be haggled down towards £30k, would surely be a good buy for someone?

Just needs some WB skirts...... :floor:

77442_13_big.jpg

SPECIFICATION:
Colour: L23F, Slate Grey Metallic
Interior: TT, Classic Grey Leather
VIN No: WP0ZZZ99ZSS313578
Engine No: 63S03476

C16 - UK Specification
M437/8 – 8 way electrically adjusted front seats
M567 – Upper Tinted Windscreen
M573 – Air Conditioning
M650 – Electric Sliding Sunroof
17'' Sport Classic Alloy Wheels

HISTORY:
The car was first registered on 17th February 1995 at AFN Porsche in London. The current owner has owned the car since 09th December 2004.

The service book shows the following servicing & maintenance:-

18/02/95 Delivery AFN Porsche London
05/09/95 6,790 miles AFN Porsche London
28/02/96 10,238 miles AFN Porsche London
03/02/97 18,229 miles AFN Porsche London
03/02/98 27,821 miles AFN Porsche London
16/07/98 31,693 miles AFN Reading
21/12/99 47,000 miles AFN Reading
26/10/01 59,970 miles HR Owen Porsche
20/08/02 70,743 miles AFN Reading
14/03/03 78,730 miles Porsche Colchester
04/09/03 80,027 miles Porsche Colchester
13/10/04 86,808 miles Autostrasse Porsche
18/07/05 93,274 miles Unit Eleven Porsche
23/08/06 95,941 miles Unit Eleven Porsche
12/07/07 102,678 miles Unit Eleven Porsche
30/05/08 112,835 miles Unit Eleven Porsche
01/07/09 116,062 miles Unit Eleven Porsche
30/01/12 123,870 miles Unit Eleven Porsche

The car will be sold with a fresh oil service and the MOT runs until 30th March 2017. The Car is HPi clear and comes with two sets of keys and the original owner's handbooks.

SUMMARY:
A very clean and useable entry level classic 993 manual coupe in a timeless colour with good service history.

PRICE:
£34,495.

Great colour and honest mileage. SH looks good with the exception of no annual services in 2010 & 2011.
Wheels are not everyone's cuppa but at least they're OEM and in keeping with the period of the car.

You fancy dipping your toe again Outlander? ;)

C.

Nice!

2 too many wheel drive other wise I'd be enquiring about a deal on my 996. :D

Now that does look good in the pics and great price.........Zingari will pull it to pieces in a minute :hand:

every slate grey 993 i've come across has been pre-vario, such a shame as its a great colour imo.

Just realised that I've met the 2 guys that run that business, went to Spa with them last year. :oops:

Must stop looking at 993's......... :what:

What a cracking looking car... just run in with that mileage. Would need to change the wheels and get a black steering wheel for me, but other than that, it looks beautiful. Love that grey.

It's a manual, with air con, and sunroof, (which personally I love) and stunning nb.

I'd say that was a good price.

cableguy said:
You fancy dipping your toe again Outlander? ;)

C.

Have to admit to being quite tempted by that car! Learnt a few lessons the last time round.

Will Statt said:
What a cracking looking car... just run in with that mileage. Would need to change the wheels and get a black steering wheel for me, but other than that, it looks beautiful. Love that grey.

It's a manual, with air con, and sunroof, (which personally I love) and stunning nb.

I'd say that was a good price.

No such thing as the perfect car is there? :lol:

Grey interior is OK (prefer black but definitely better than blue) but otherwise I'm in!

anawaz said:
every slate grey 993 i've come across has been pre-vario, such a shame as its a great colour imo.
What's all this tosh about it being a shame that its pre-vario . . . :dont know:
At least you're guaranteed of getting the G21 shorter ratio box. :thumb: It feels a somewhat cammier engine, which simply loves to ping from 4k rpm to the redline. Put an RS LWF in the thing and its perfect for everyday use.
Can't for the life of me think why that would put anyone off . . . :bandit:

I like those wheels on a 993 :oops:

anawaz said:

Have you driven a pre vario car?

I'm with HPNer and prefer the shorter ratio's and more visceral feel of the earlier car against the Varioram S I previously owned.

Either way I'd buy on condition, history and of course the colour combination that ticks your box.

C.

anawaz said:

Yes! Might have been a Porsche Cars GB car, would be interested to know reg numbers. They used to spec them in Slate Grey. Mine was, then AFN. I have a journo friend who worked on Fast Lane and remembers the numbers. But would probably have had sports seats if so.

What's going on with the wheels?

HPNer said:
anawaz said:
What's all this tosh about it being a shame that its pre-vario . . . :dont know:
At least you're guaranteed of getting the G21 shorter ratio box. :thumb: It feels a somewhat cammier engine, which simply loves to ping from 4k rpm to the redline. Put an RS LWF in the thing and its perfect for everyday use.
Can't for the life of me think why that would put anyone off . . . :bandit:

Quite correct Phil ....... but some people just listen to the hype and really don't know much about the differences and subtleties between the two engines.

It's in one of my favourite colours ....... apart from Riviera Blue of course ...... ;) ........ but that grey interior kills if for me ........ grey on grey ........ Noooooo I don't think so ........ Marble would have been OK though.

Does look a decent buy, spend a few quid to personalize it, all good. Wheels are ok for me although I prefer/have sport classic 2 splits. I like the cup1's, but of course they are 17's and I like the way 18's and the tyre combo looks on the car.Don't like the Twist solids(why didn't they hand them?) or those horrible big spokey things they sometimes fitted to the C4's.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrT1991
Back