Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Low annual miles

Paulb33

Monza
Looking at a lovely clean manual 1997 4S. Done 80k miles but just ~3k miles the last decade. Annual service stamps and invoices all present but should I be concerned at lack of use? Its very clean, straight car, but is the low annual use (250-400 miles pa) a concern?
Thanks!

That's not uncommon for a 993. Due to eye watering rise in prices over the last decade owners are reluctant to use them.

As mentioned, fairly normal for 993's and alike. I have friends with classics who struggle to do 300-400 miles a year as work, family and the great British weather get in the way.

With the OP's car mentioned, has it been annually serviced, MOT'd and maintained accordingly...?

C.

cableguy said:
As mentioned, fairly normal for 993's and alike. I have friends with classics who struggle to do 300-400 miles a year as work, family and the great British weather get in the way.

With the OP's car mentioned, has it been annually serviced, MOT'd and maintained accordingly...?

C.

Curious if this brings new annual maintenance considerations. Or weakens any aspect of the car? Or, is it simply that low miles is good?

I only do a few hundred miles in mine per year but it always starts first time without any problems and within a few miles feels like its not been off the road :thumb:

We've had the above average amount of inclement weather and snow/ice over the last 3yrs due to climate change. As a result owners have kept their 993s tucked up in their carcoons and whiled away the days taking out the spare wheel being amazed at how it inflates and comresses to such a small size. :roll:

I sold out several years ago but I'm reminded of those dark winter days in the garage when I jump out of the sauna and take the ice pool plunge :what:

So no one particularly worried about the car seizing up then 👍

Not me.

I had a sticky/noisy tappet when I awakened my car from its winter slumber. A gentle 2-3 miles drive and all is good. :thumb:

C.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trygger
Back