Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Lovely 993 on collecting cars

£80k-£90k?

With that mileage these are £100k+ cars now, despite the boring black interior .......genuine hollow spoke wheels as well .........only a few come up for sale a year now ....you can smell the full leather and quality from the pics, what a fantastic looking car and the owner had the good sense to remove that awefull turbo rear deck lid :thumb:

I wonder who got the most enjoyment out of their ownership experience - The owner(s) that did 50k in the first 9 years or the owner(s) that did 7k in the next 15. :dont know:

It would be interesting to know when it changed hands and at what price points. I suspect it's now worth 3 times what it was 15 years ago.

..... leather looks well worn for the mileage ....... when I sold my 993 at about 104k miles the leather was in much better condition than that .......

..... still £100k car all day long ......

madalaa said:
..... leather looks well worn for the mileage ....... when I sold my 993 at about 104k miles the leather was in much better condition than that .......

..... still £100k car all day long ......

I wouldn't say worn, its just showing 25 years of use.

....... call it what you will ...... for me at that mileage it looks ropey ...... :?:

My 77 and later 82 911 SC coupes seating looked fresher at circa 100k mile that that of the 993... Also if you look at the image of the rear seat belt fixing bolt, it`s head shows signs of activity, which also causes me to question the history, and more so in that my 991 has circa 43k on the clock and it`s interior looks as good as new... :dont know:

You can make a interior/seats look brand new in a day.

25 years old, low milage, so I'd guess more shorter journeys. The service history is impeccable.

I'm not surprised a 991's seats might look better, its a little bit newer, also a 'tougher' leather.

bingbongbing said:

25 years old, low milage, so I'd guess more shorter journeys. The service history is impeccable.

I'm not surprised a 991's seats might look better, its a little bit newer, also a 'tougher' leather.

Yep, the leather in modern porsches is not like the leather that was used in the 993

jonttt said:
bingbongbing said:

Yep, the leather in modern porsches is not like the leather that was used in the 993

I think it's a lot tougher now and doesn't age as well.

Ah another car from the auction site equivalent of the 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

It'll go over what it's worth because of the clever advertising hype and the belief every car sold on CC is a pristine concours example :roll:

Well some have found out all that glitters is not necessarily gold - the 997 GT3RS was a recent offering that attracted a lot of discussion with colourful language more shades than the poor paint job :hand:

Buy with your eyes open as there's no comeback to CC who act as an intermediary :bandit:

If I had a 'vehicle of interest' masquerading as a turd rolled in glitter my magnum opus would be to try and sell it through CC :grin:

Cars that are very good get bought by respected Indys for a good price. I'd be interested to know if it had 'done the circuit' and whether it was rejected or the offer price too low - the latter if someone has bought in late and risks doing some of their dough :oops:

I could mention the saggy leather looks like an octogenerian's ball sac but I'll leave that to others. Looks like the HVAC unit has been out with a tin opener :roll: Does the AC work :floor:

Zingari said:
Ah another car from the auction site equivalent of the 'Emperor's New Clothes'.

It'll go over what it's worth because of the clever advertising hype and the belief every car sold on CC is a pristine concours example :roll:

Well some have found out all that glitters is not necessarily gold - the 997 GT3RS was a recent offering that attracted a lot of discussion with colourful language more shades than the poor paint job :hand:

Buy with your eyes open as there's no comeback to CC who act as an intermediary :bandit:

If I had a 'vehicle of interest' masquerading as a turd rolled in glitter my magnum opus would be to try and sell it through CC :grin:

Cars that are very good get bought by respected Indys for a good price. I'd be interested to know if it had 'done the circuit' and whether it was rejected or the offer price too low - the latter if someone has bought in late and risks doing some of their dough :oops:

I could mention the saggy leather looks like an octogenerian's ball sac but I'll leave that to others. Looks like the HVAC unit has been out with a tin opener :roll: Does the AC work :floor:

Aircon blows ice cold...... it was sold by 911sport early last year.

Are you the seller :dont know:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeff dussault
Back