Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a 993

Kazap88

Hi Guys,

Have been studying, researching for a number of months.

Looking for a Manual Coupe (c2 or c4), varioram for £30-45 range (will consider pre var also). Goes without saying at this price probably preference for a high mile (90k+) which was loved and had enthusiast drive it and look after it and ideally with replaced parts - instead of a cherished garage queen.

Objective to use as a daily (3-4 days a week) and to really explore its potential on occasional track days.

Any pointers extremely welcome! - a few on the market now but all £55+ with extremely low mileage and/or unknown histories.

Best,
Konty

You'll be lucky in the current 993 market to find an Insurance category car or 150k+ miler within your budget.

Either up your budget or start looking at 996's.

C.

cableguy said:
You'll be lucky in the current 993 market to find an Insurance category car or 150k+ miler within your budget.

Either up your budget or start looking at 996's.

C.

Was just thinking that. High miler not the end of the world with these cars if its had the money spent on it.

Thank you for the responses:

@cableguy - what is a good market price of a non gremlin 993 now - I am seeing a few C4's go for £50-55.

Re collecting cars - been looking at that too - obviously wont touch unless a PPI is done. anyone familiar with the car?

Hard to justify spending £55k on something current owners spent £20k - 5 years ago, unless they really fixed them up

There's one in the classifieds on here for £49,500. Manual, C4, looks very nice. Might be worth a look?

Kazap88 said:
Thank you for the responses:

@cableguy - what is a good market price of a non gremlin 993 now - I am seeing a few C4's go for £50-55. And that's the Market Price

Re collecting cars - been looking at that too - obviously wont touch unless a PPI is done. anyone familiar with the car?

Hard to justify spending £55k on something current owners spent £20k - 5 years ago, unless they really fixed them up The market is very different to what it was 5 years ago.

C.

Daniel said:
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-911-993-carrera-2

This kind of thing might be in budget?

Japanese market car, but LHD?? They drive the same side as UK.

Zorro said:
Daniel said:
https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1994-porsche-911-993-carrera-2

This kind of thing might be in budget?

Japanese market car, but LHD?? They drive the same side as UK.

It's not unusual to see prestigous / German manufactured cars in LHD guise even if they were originally intended for and sold in the Japanese market.

I read / heard somewhere (but don't know if it was true) that it was a status symbol to have a LHD car if that was what it would be in it's country of origin.

Hi Kazap88,

I've just decided to sell my 993, have not listed it for sale yet. Been on here since I bought it, if you look through my forum history you'll get the gist of the car, but in a nutshell:

- 1994 Iris Blue, Carrera (RWD) manual - (pre varioram)
- Marble Grey interior with midnight blue dash
- hollow-spoke (lightweight) Turbo Twist wheels, with Mich pilot sport 2 types
- 126k miles
- No aircon - lighter!
- Full service history (in my tenure serviced at JAZ porsche)
- I have had it fitted with adjustable PSS10 B16 Bilstein suspension
- Think it's around £15-20k spent on the car over the last 4 years or so, I need to add it up! But includes the new suspension & various other suspension parts refreshed, new (refurbished) steering rack, new front windscreen & scuttle repair by glassman etc
- No leaks, bone dry engine

I was intending to get a few bits finished off before listing for sale - refurbishing the wheels @ Lepsons, getting the rear screen scuttle redone as Precision Porsche had done just before I bought it but is coming back as is case in all these cars, issue with airbag light showing despite no fault codes.

Let me know if you want to chat etc.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
benlin1234
Back