Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Light switch removal

Waz

After driving home last night switching between fog lights and full beam,
I have took the plunge and bought a new light switch. £96 :sad:
My question is, how do I get the damn thing out of the dash :dont know:
Any suggestions welcome. And thanks in advance Waz
:thumb:

Common failure (~£65-£70 for the part)

light_switch_197.jpg

Pull the knob out and you will see a small brass clip on the underside which you release with a screwdriver. Undo the THREE torx screws (21) - there is one in the light switch recess. Unplug the switch (31) and the light level control (not shown) if you have it. Undo the nut (26) and the switch comes out.

Pull forward the control button -25- of the light switch -31- as far as it will go -direction of the arrow- towards the front. Press in the locking device at the lower side using a small screwdriver and remove the control button towards the front. Undo the fastening screws -21- at the side, remove the side vent towards the front. Disconnect the plug connection -30- of the main light switch -31-. In order to disassemble the side vent, the covering cap -28-, the fastening nut -26- and the inner race -27- of the main light switch -31- can be removed. Remove light switch -31- from the side vent by turning it slightly in clockwise direction.

item 27 needs to be removed along with the nut (26) holding it place.

vent_side_147.jpg

switch_small_d2_166.jpg

switch_small_d1_110.jpg

:worship: As usual

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CS4997Gen1
Back