Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

LHD & German Import 996

Jason_W

I was cruisin the
www.mobile.de
web site & it caught my eye that LHD 996 Targa's are about £15k cheaper (£35k v £49k) than RHD. As I like a bargain does anyone know what is required to import a German porker? I've already imported a LHD Elise from Italy & a new RHD VW Golf from Antwerp but that was in 98 & 99 & I understand that things have changed since then

Also some of the mobile.de cars are labelled as VAT reclaimable - does this mean that I can take the price of German VAT off the asking price?

Any advice would be really useful

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15900

and if you use
www.uk.mobile.de
it's 'almost' all in english !

might have the odd one at £35k but more likely at around the sub £40k mark

leftie bargains galore!
Web link

sadly there is no VAT to take off otherwise ALL 911 prices will crash by 20% overnight :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15904

Hi Sundeep

I have two cars for sale. A October 2003 registered RHD 996 Carrera 2 and a 1995 LHD 993, both cars have been imported from Japan. I lived in Japan for several years.

Let me know if you are interested.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15924

Guys thanks for the feedback but can anyone summarise the steps required to import a German Porsche - what is the paper work and any physical changes that are required?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15943

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back