Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leave PDK in Neutral?

tigerspill

Trainee
Hi,

Is there any way to leave my 997.2 PDK in neutral?

I want to be able to push the car forward and backwards in my garage without having to get the key or start it each time.

Thanks

pull both paddles forward

To put the PDK gearbox in Neutral as you require:-
1) Insert ignition key and turn to 1st position to turn everything ON but without starting the engine. The instrument panel should light up.
3) Press the brake pedal to pressurize the brake system, activating any pressure sensors in the system.
4) Keeping the brake pedal pressed, move the gear lever to N, neutral. You'll need to depress the button atop the lever.
5) Turn ignition OFF.'
Remember to chock the wheels or apply the handbrake, sorry if that's obvious.

To return the gearbox to P, park, repeat the steps above except in Step 4), move the lever to P.

Step 6, use the special tool to press the button and release the key. Take key indoors.

Now this is something i didn't know .. emergency release then yes but a simple method to enable the key to be removed is new to me ..

I will be trying this the next one i get in be it macan , 991 etc etc to prove .. if it works then my gratitude gents .

Is there any other way to remove the key with the car in neutral, apart form the hidden button? What does pulling both paddles do and when do you do that?

This is a helpful thread, even if pulling both paddles doesn't do anything.

I often just roll the car out of the garage to wash it, rather than start up the engine to reverse 5m (it just goes against the grain). But since the car isn't unattended, I haven't worried about leaving the key in the car (if not in the ignition).

It is a faff compared to my manual though. :frustrated:

Pulling both the paddles is ok for later cars, no use for 997 as far as I know. I've used it on 9x1 cars.

CamGTS said:
pull both paddles forward

I have buttons on my steering wheel rather than paddles.

pushing/pulling in different combinations didn't work. Unless I am doing something wrong?

Threadbear said:
Is there any other way to remove the key with the car in neutral, apart form the hidden button? What does pulling both paddles do and when do you do that?

Where is this hidden button?

I tried the steps above - foot on brake, ignition on, Peter to neutral. Key still locked in.

There is talk of a "tool" above. I found a long pin in the fuse box cover - does this have something to do with this?

Thanks

sorry I read the first post as 991 and not 997 so ignore my rubbish comment

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
11erCharlie
Back