Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

leather seat dent

mattomg

Silverstone
Transporting a piece of furniture from a to b, it was on the passanger seat for the trip. Unfortunately it's left a couple of dinks in the leather. I've cleaned & moisturised hoping it will settle back but so far no joy..

Any diy tricks out there ?

Hairdryer/heat gun. Keep the heat moving, and keep touching the surface to ensure its not getting too hot.

should I rub or massage as I heat it ? as the bishop said to the actress

A leather or chammy .. bucket of hot water .. the hotter the better .. chammy in hot water .. get it hot .. ring out and place on the leather dent .

heat guns scare me .. far too easy to burn it ... but i'm a coward !!

I use my wife's hairdryer... not a fancy Dyson one though!

A gentle rub never does any harm...

Be really careful with the heat gun. I overdid it on my 997 and had to shell out for a new seat cover. It goes from being ok to a weird ripple effect with a taught shiny centre in an instant.

Heat gun is good, but wet the leather first and with as close to boiling water as you can get, and as said above, be careful, with both the hot water on your hands and the heat gun on the leather.

If you have a steamer even better. You can pull leather pretty much back to factory tight with a decent steamer.

gizlaroc said:
If you have a steamer even better. You can pull leather pretty much back to factory tight with a decent steamer.

:yeah:

The trim department at the factories all use steamers to remove creases and stretch the leather into place.

Like deMort said, I would avoid a heat gun for this: Unless it's calibrated, there's too great a risk of damage.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steviepee
Back