Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leather Question

Winny911

OK So today I got to grips with the interior of my car cleaning all the leather... well the seats mainly but the question I have is where does the leather stop? are the door cards all leather or part leather / part synthetic?

Same question goes for the rear cards and the A, B & C posts and the bit under the rear window, the dash, and the glove box etc.

I get the feeling it might be synthetic leather in places but if that's the case its a good synthetic which makes me question if it is real leather?

Any thoughts... I don't want to use the wrong products if its synthetic.

Oh the car in question is a C4S

Cheers Winny911

Asked the same question and got the answer that if it's stitched, it's leather. This seems to be the case, except for the centre cubby-hole lid.

Anyway, Gliptone/Liquid Leather works on the lot, leather or plastic, and Gliptone Scuff Master will 'repair' the plastic, too.

Cheers thanks for that so is the cubby hole lid leather or synthetic ?

Winny911

Winny911 said:

Winny911

On mine, which has the 'Exended Leather' option, the lid's leather, which is a nuisance, because it's soft and picks up damange easily from things like small suitcases being put on the folded-down back seats.

+1 Gliptone, though never tried the scuff repair, is it any good Tinker?

Dave

Winny911 said:

Winny911

Standard is man-made (vinyl)

smigga said:
+1 Gliptone, though never tried the scuff repair, is it any good Tinker?
Dave
Done carefully, yes, it's very good and it seems to 'cure' over time.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MainA
Back